• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Interesting read on Facebook on the Snowmobile market

Kudos to Cat! Nice sleds at a reasonable price is what its all about. You by buy a new chevy cruze for less than a Sidewinder. Crazy
Sled are pricey, however look at prices for high end SxS, Harley's, Waverunners, Jet boats we have to pay to play.

I won't turn down an extended warranty on a sled, or any other motorized vehicle, but I won't pay extra for it either. I average at least 1,500 to 3,000 miles a year on my sleds, and so far I have found that if there are going to be issues with the sled (that will be covered by warranty) they usually show before the end of the first season. Admittedly, if we have a low or no snow year, my theory may not be as valid. It seems that most of what can or does go wrong on a sled is considered "normal wear and tear," and is not covered by the warranty. My stepson's Sidewinder has over 10,000 miles on it, and so far this year we have done nearly $4,000 in repairs. None of it was covered by the extended warranty.
One of my problems with having a warranty is you have to bring the sled to the dealer to get it fixed. I can fix my sled way faster if I just do it myself and I know the job is getting done correctly(I don't trust dealer mechanics very much). I don't get much time to ride in the winter so I cant have a dealer working on my sled for a few days or a week. As long as parts aren't backordered I can have pretty much anything on my sled swapped out in a few hours.

One of my problems with having a warranty is you have to bring the sled to the dealer to get it fixed. I can fix my sled way faster if I just do it myself and I know the job is getting done correctly(I don't trust dealer mechanics very much). I don't get much time to ride in the winter so I cant have a dealer working on my sled for a few days or a week. As long as parts aren't backordered I can have pretty much anything on my sled swapped out in a few hours.
The warranty for me would be more about if god for bid the engine swolled a valve or puked a rod, the expensive repair would be covered. No matter what with the best maintenance done, $hit happens and is a huge piece of mind. I have been a technician my entire life, worked with some real intresting guys that should have not been doing that job. Due to the shortage of qualified people they hire anyone with a toolbox and a license.

Bombardier the Aerospace Co was bailed out. Not BRP the makers of Ski-Doo. BRP Split from the Aerospace company back in 2003.
Thanks for the correction, I was not aware

Back