• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is the ECU fused?

Doogs

Extreme
Does anybody know if the ECU has any protection from something like too much current going through the bar warmers? Or if there is a short in a relay, etc. Will it just fry?

This is just what I've heard so take it as that, but a Yammi mechanic that I talked to said that it wasn't the ecu that would fry because of too much power draw it would be the gauge pod. But in my unprofessional opinion, I would say no it is probably not fused.

That doesn't make sense. The guage pod is only a display, it's the ECU that handles all the power. Or at least that's what would make sense. But I guess the Yamaha way is take the thing that makes sense and do the opposite

Doogs said:
That doesn't make sense. The guage pod is only a display, it's the ECU that handles all the power. Or at least that's what would make sense. But I guess the Yamaha way is take the thing that makes sense and do the opposite
Possibly the pod can only handle so much power passing through. I dunno, this whole deal with the warmers working off the ecu dosn't make sense either.

Back