• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Muffler that doesn't require a tune?

JM.02c
I run Hurricane tunes so I can only speak from experience on their tunes.
Purchase a tune bundle for perf and stock mufflers...it is definitely the best horse power bang for the buck in the history of sledding!
Don't mess around with an after market loud muffler for basically zero gain and just becomes a noise maker.
If I was only buying one tune it would be Hurricanes 240 Perf muffler tune with Hurricanes performance trail muffler. Once you clutch it you can treat it like a stock sled on fuel ect and that 240SS tune is an absolute reliable trail rocket!!

I also mentioned sound. And an extra 10-20hp wouldn't hurt. Just sayin
I think for the most part a louder muffler will add HP, even if they say does not need a tune likely taking you to the lean side as there is nothing adjusting fuel for this. And 20HP (free flowing muffler) could get into into over-boost- your sled will cut out and not run on stock tune. And not 100% sure on this but thinking over-boost would be recorded in ECU, so on a warranty claim they could look at this? I would stick with the stock muffler if don't want to go further than this.

I think for the most part a louder muffler will add HP, even if they say does not need a tune likely taking you to the lean side as there is nothing adjusting fuel for this. And 20HP (free flowing muffler) could get into into over-boost- your sled will cut out and not run on stock tune. And not 100% sure on this but thinking over-boost would be recorded in ECU, so on a warranty claim they could look at this? I would stick with the stock muffler if don't want to go further than this.
Thats a good point, I didn't consider overboost getting recorded.

Back