• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is your bike ready yet!

Went for the first ride today! About 300km; felt great to be back on the bike.
Pretty sweet considering I was sledding 2 feet of fresh powder yesterday!

Put away clean

Ready to rock the hood!!

Attachments

• IMG_1012.JPG
    IMG_1012.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 139
poleclimber said:
maim said:
some good looking bikes have been posted.

nice wr250r spike337. i had to settle for the wr250x as there where no r's around when i bought. pic is from when bike was new. mods are listed in my sig on the 2 stroke side.

015.jpg

2000 xt350. mods in same place but it really hauls now.
summer07001.jpg

How do you guys like these? We have a brand new one sitting at the shop that i've wanna take out. Do they have enough power? I've had a wr250f and a yz450f. Probably simular to the wr?

it will be very similar to the wr250f. it is a bit down on power but you really apreciate the 6th gear on the road. hauling my 250lb butt around i still get over 60mpg and it loves curves in town. still hits 90mph even with the avon distazia's on it but they are even more grippy than the stock battleaxes.

of all the mods i have done to mine, the best ones are gel grips and the gytr silencer. i did the grips 1st as they have a bit of a vibe with the stock grips but the gel ones fix that. the silencer though was really worth it as it made the torque lower than the stock silencer. we noticed this last season when they let us demo a new wr250x as part of yamaha's demos.

still contemplating a turbo that brings it to almost a wr450 in power but i like it too much as it is.

only real tip i have is if you get to ride one, make it scream. they do not like the lower rpms too much unless on a steady cruise. makes the xt feel like a chopper in comparison as is all about bottom end torque.

Just put a new battery in my Sabre last weekend.

Attachments

• Outdoors 010.jpg
    Outdoors 010.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 148
  • Outdoors 011.jpg
    Outdoors 011.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 139
  • Outdoors 012.jpg
    Outdoors 012.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 135
thinksnow said:
Mine is sitting on the patio waiting for a good rain to wash the sand off and make it safer to ride.

My neighbors hate this bike. It's just a little loud when I go to work in the morning.LOL

MAN THAT HAS TO BE LOUD! I'm typing in caps so you can hear me! I'm glad I don't live next to you...LOL My neighbor works a funny shift 1PM -Midnight so he comes rolling in on his screaming eagle bagger at 1230 AM 4 nights a week. He lets it sit in the driveway and idle while he gets off and opens the garage door. Our bedroom is 40 feet away, good thing i'm a sound sleeper.

Back