• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is your bike ready yet!

maim said:
some good looking bikes have been posted.

nice wr250r spike337. i had to settle for the wr250x as there where no r's around when i bought. pic is from when bike was new. mods are listed in my sig on the 2 stroke side.

015.jpg

I really have been looking at one of these. It would be my first true street bike, I have ridden quite a few bikes off road and spent a lot of time on small engine vehicles over the years-I think it would be a nice light bike to start out on.

Do the stock tires work well, say on a gravel road- I am not looking to dirt ride it hard necessarily, but I would like to be able to take it to my cabin and it would be about 3 miles of gravel roads to get there.

stock tires will do gravel, just have to watch it more as it is so light that it will not dig in like a heavyer street bike. i have ridden it for almost a full day on gravel/off road in both wet and dry conditions. it has even gone off road and made it through an area where a rider on a wr250f with knobs got stuck with my brother as pilot.

i actually put stickyer tires on it with more open tread for better woods riding. does not hurt that they stick even better on-road.

guess i should post the mods i have done to it. some of whitch where for my comfort/short a$$/repairs.

2008 wr250x
-cr bend pro tapers
-gel grips (a must even with the steel bars)
-yamaha stock xt350 mirrors (could not see past my shoulders with stock ones without bending them)
-powermadd hand gaurds
-k+n air filter
-gyrt silencer
-yamaha rear rack
-yamalink lowering link
-front forks slid up 1" in head set
-avon distazias
-carbonfibre frame savers, skid plate, case savers and rear caliper/rotor gaurd
-frame sliders

above pic only has the grips, hand gaurds and lowering link. have not done a recent pic.

I'm ready to roll! Also prepping the GSX-R750 for track days.

Attachments

• S100RR.jpg
    S100RR.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 2,509
  • K8 gsxr750right.jpg
    K8 gsxr750right.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 2,514
Fired up my Buell yesterday in the garage! Of course now we are forecasted for 5 inches of snow in the next couple days!!!

I guess I missed my window of opportunity.

It will come! This pic was taken on one of our favorite sledding trails in the summer!

Attachments

• HPIM0864s.jpg
    HPIM0864s.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 152
Well since everyone else is post a pic of there non snow toy's, I mite as well too then. I just cleaned them up and ready for the next nice day...

The Kawi is my drag, track and play bike, while my Triumph is my baby that I take everywhere!!!

ztirth.jpg

RX-1MAN said:
I'm ready to roll! Also prepping the GSX-R750 for track days.

Geez I will have to roll the GSXR out of the garage and take a pic now. I have an 09 gsxr 600 along with the acid green S1000. That's a hard choice for you on which bike to take on the track. I use the 600 more for commuting and the BMW for track/hard core street riding (gap etc...)

My cabin is in Danbury, WI, i am about 30 min east of Hinckley MN , It is great if you like riding in sand :) also the local cops get a little crabby at bikes riding on the ATV trails but there is so much land that you can stay off them and still have a blast!

I would be happy to host a dual sport ride this spring if anyone wants to PLAY!

Bike

Here is my 05 HD SE C.V.O and its ready to go.
But I mit be neglecting it this summer to play with my new toy
that I purchase last week.It as the R1 Engine,cant wait to take it for a ride
DSCF1878.jpg

DSCF2079.jpg

DSCF2083.jpg

DSCF2082.jpg

DSCF2084.jpg

DSCF2081.jpg

DSCF2080.jpg

bike

As you can see there is still some snow here, and can only drive it in and out of the garage lol,,I'am having a hard time sleeping just waitting to take this ride out for a spine.0 to 60 in 3.8 second and up to 2.5 G in the twistes...it going to be a blass...

Back