• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is your secondary spring set right on a Hurricane Turbo?

i will have to try a 0-1 , i had it on 3-3 and it has been working. when you drive it doesnt seem like it makes much of a difference. but there is no way you can run it with a 1/3 wrap at 3-3

Let me know how it works out for you rxwhooper. I may do this with mine as well.

i will have to try a 0-1 , i had it on 3-3 and it has been working. when you drive it doesnt seem like it makes much of a difference. but there is no way you can run it with a 1/3 wrap at 3-3
I did. You have to---thats the point of the vidieo. That purple spring is MEAN!!!! It takes 2 people to wrap that thing if you don't have the tool.

Did you notice any performance different from 3-3 to 0-1?

What are you running Joshua I am 3 and like Dave said and have not had much snow but So far seems good not a lot of good hole shots but so far no rev limiter.

What are you running Joshua I am 3 and like Dave said and have not had much snow but So far seems good not a lot of good hole shots but so far no rev limiter.
I was running 3-3 but it was hitting the button pretty hard this past weekend. So I e-mailed Dave this morning and he suggested to run 0-1. I changed it this morning but have no snow to try it. I never hit the rev limiter with the 3-3 setup. I'm thinking the 0-1 is going to be better due to the tension now on the spring as compared to the 3-3 setup

Allen ulmer tested the secondary spring at 0 and 1 early in the fall and felt that it would be a better setup then the 3 and 3 setting.i wouldnt comment until i could test it too.after several sleds tested, i agree with allen.the 0 and 1 setting removes a clunk and back shifts a bit better as it raises the rpm's about 100rpm
dave

Are you saying you are were setting it to 3-3 and pushing the helix straight down with no twist?

I just set my helix to 0 and 1 but had to remove my secondary clutch to do so when I installed it cant be sur it is in the place on the spline that it was is this important also my clutch has a 1/4 " freeplay in and out is this okay tried to put helix on while clutch was still on the machine man that was something. any help from someone who did this would be great. Thanks

You mean once you were done you could move your secondary in and out on the shaft? If so that normal. It's not easy to whine that spring. I found it hard to put the belt back on, since the helix was wounded so tight

No I took the secondary off. I never tried it yet, but trip planned for this weekend. Will find out then.

Did it at Dave's shop. Tested on trail and now consistently pulling to 8890 rpms, about 250 more than prior at 3-3.

Back