• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

It’s finally over for Yamaha

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
07 Apex, 23 SRX
Well looks like Yamaha finally pulling the plug on snowmobiles. Sad day for the snowmobile industry.

Attachments

• C17C3D98-5088-498B-866E-EE8ADFFF6537.png
    C17C3D98-5088-498B-866E-EE8ADFFF6537.png
    235.4 KB · Views: 211

Impact on new/old sleds prices & parts? Is picking up a new sled viable now, or is it a muscle car classic? I have to believe the logistics chain will begin dry up in the years to come.. This TY forun because more important

Last edited:
Not surprised. They stuck to their guns and didn't make 2 strokes. I'm glad really as I can't stand the smell from others when riding now. And I bet they pushed other's to jump to 4 stroke fast.They don't need this end of the Market and let it go.

Sad day but we knew it was coming. Bold new graphics was coming to an end. Once the Japanese sleds were killed off I figured the days were near. Arctic cat wasn’t going to make the old chassis forever.

Sad day... put MANY miles on the seats of Vector's, Vipers and Sidewinders before I made my switch over to Polaris in 2022. Heard the news this morning and had to jump on the TY forum for memories. Bittersweet day for sure.

IMO, they were simply out-innovated over the last twenty years. I don't blame the four-stroke engine, more so the suspension/chassis and ergonomics.
It also would have helped them to offer both four stroke and two strokes as there was still plenty of two stroke die-hards.
Other brands brought new ideas into production much faster than Yamaha did.

Little did we know the deal with Arctic Cat was nothing but a long term exit strategy. Sad nevertheless!

Back