• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Jagged Edge carbides completely shot after 400~500 miles

Bradford

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
06 RS Nytro
These have between 400 and 500 miles on them. It looks like the carbide fell off and the rest as they say is history. The wear pad in the front doesn't have a mark on it but about 1/4" is missing and the hard weld in the back is also in good shape. The bar is better than 1/2 wore in the center so I assume the carbide fell out some time ago. Best snow in years, no "excessive" road running and the other guys I run with don't have any problems. These were on Yamaha mountain skis with 1/4" shims towed out 1/4"

Has anyone else ever had something like this happen? Could it have been something I did?

Attachments

• IMG_1610.JPG
    IMG_1610.JPG
    232.8 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1611.JPG
    IMG_1611.JPG
    257.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1612.JPG
    IMG_1612.JPG
    250 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1613.JPG
    IMG_1613.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 83

Yeah, stay away from the Jagged Edge carbides, they're junk. A low priced carbide usually guarantees lower quality.

i use studboys shaper bars. they hold up well for me. right now i have a pair with 2500 miles on them and they still look good.

Grimm said:
Yeah, stay away from the Jagged Edge carbides, they're junk. A low priced carbide usually guarantees lower quality.

Low price would be 5 bucks a set. Any more than that and theses things would get expensive to run!

live and learn I guess

RTX said:
i use studboys shaper bars. they hold up well for me. right now i have a pair with 2500 miles on them and they still look good.

Yeah, I had about that many on my Pilots when I sold them. The guy that bought them is still running them

About 6000 on my dual runners and no darting. I prefer them over Stud Boy dual's.

Back