• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Jumped ship to poo

newfie09xtx

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Polaris Switchback 800 Pro S
Well guys I have been on this site since 2010. I can honestly say this site has taught me a lot and helped me get my nytro to where it was. I sold it back in January and went without a sled this year. In that time I have researched, researched and researched some more. In the end I couldn't buy a viper because I don't Like that chasis. Just doesn't work for me. Found my knees and shins take a beating on it. I looked into skidoo but when they changed the backcountry to a 146 with t-motion that changed my mind on them. I hadn't really looked at polaris but did Some research and figured I would give them a try. Just snow checked the below with a four year warranty. Hopefully I like it! If yamaha comes out with something new 'purely yamaha' I might be back.

Here it is, ProS 800 switchback. Upgrading track to 1.6 ice cobra and of course a little powder coating :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 162

Looks like a few guys have switched already nice machine. You can get the tunnel orange too I think. Yamaha just sitting and waiting too long.

Ya you can get the tunnel in Orange but I found it looked a bit cheap with all that orange. Gonna powder coat the grey bracket orange instead of the plain grey.

I'm tossing the idea around myself. My friend has a 2013 600, I ride with every weekend. He has over 6000 miles on it, only thing he put on it since new, was one bogie wheel. It handles the rough stuff really good and has a really balanced feel to it. We switched for about 80 miles one day. He said he would never do it again. The weight and the heavy steering were killing him.
I have over 14k miles on my sled and I guess I'm just used to it. But I really felt the difference when I got back on my sled. I would go with 800 if I do it. Just have to see what the money situation is next season.

I have quite a few good friends that are now driving Polaris and are asking me to help them. All of you that have switched would you consider joining a Polaris forums that is like TY ?

I have quite a few good friends that are now driving Polaris and are asking me to help them. All of you that have switched would you consider joining a Polaris forums that is like TY ?

They need one badly! AllPolaris sucks! I posted questions on there years ago and still no relpies.

I'm tossing the idea around myself. My friend has a 2013 600, I ride with every weekend. He has over 6000 miles on it, only thing he put on it since new, was one bogie wheel. It handles the rough stuff really good and has a really balanced feel to it. We switched for about 80 miles one day. He said he would never do it again. The weight and the heavy steering were killing him.
I have over 14k miles on my sled and I guess I'm just used to it. But I really felt the difference when I got back on my sled. I would go with 800 if I do it. Just have to see what the money situation is next season.
This will be the first polaris I ever owned. I am a bit nervous but the 4 year warranty is making it a little better. I am nervous about the rpm fade issue but going to chance it. Hopefully they figure it out.

While I loved my nytro it was tiring after a day of riding. I am looking forward to the lighter weight and handling. I have only sat on this sled but it feels alot better than my nytro even with the wrp seat. Best way to explain is ' it felt right and the seat is shaped perfect'

I would definately sign up for it. HCS is allright but not near the forum that TY is.

Newfie don't be nervous I have had 6 brand new Polaris sleds last one being 2013 rush pro-r es and not one has ever let me down. Never blown up or anything. I wish yamaha would put there 4 stroke in Polaris chassis. I'm going to see what yamaha does next year. If nothing I may be getting 800 axys also just like 4 strokes better .

My wife's getting a Polaris 16 SB 800 Pro-s and I would definately sign up for a forum like this one

Back