• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just a quick photo

marsh14 said:
billy2guns,
I noticed in your picture, you have the ski rubbers with the higher part towards the front. Slydog told me to put the high side to the rear. Did they tell us two different things? Just wondering the correct way.

No your probably right. I never gave it any thought. When I looked at the rubbers they seemed symetrical to me and I just threw them on. I must say it was a tight fit. Thanks for the heads up.

The sled is a 09 xtx, but the same as any nytro. The gauge is from a FI 3 cylinder, the 10 vector or 09/10 venture gt, they are all the same part number. Mounting is pretty straight forward, it has to be 2 to 2.5 inches out farther than the stock gauge to clear the windshield. I made 2 'plates', one where the stock gauge was and one on the back of the new gauge. Zero holes drilled in the stock plastic. Plug and play, but I have not started it up yet. I know how the tach works is the biggest question.

monker said:
The sled is a 09 xtx, but the same as any nytro. The gauge is from a FI 3 cylinder, the 10 vector or 09/10 venture gt, they are all the same part number. Mounting is pretty straight forward, it has to be 2 to 2.5 inches out farther than the stock gauge to clear the windshield. I made 2 'plates', one where the stock gauge was and one on the back of the new gauge. Zero holes drilled in the stock plastic. Plug and play, but I have not started it up yet. I know how the tach works is the biggest question.

How much was the guage? Got a pic of the plates?

Monker:

Really nice job. Can't wait to see how it works. Love the plug and play simplicity!!!!

Maybe you should email a pic to Yamaha, and see if we can get them to listen to us. I've got a new 09 XTX coming home tomorrow from the dealer, and this mod just went to the top of the list.

Phoenix, NY ??? Your just a few miles north of me. Would like your first customer?? LOL!!!! :jump:

Hey monker, does the gage have the same bolt pattern as the Nytro/Phazer gage? The reason I ask is that I relocated my gage using a Phazer mount bracket on my Nytro.

Back