• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

just picked up a 2008 nytro rtx

quadsean1

Extreme
I just picked up a used nytro rtx with 2,500 Miles that has some mods done to it. Rail extentions with 136 track 1 1/4 lug, fox floats on the front, yoshimira exhaust, fuel controller. I picked it up for $4000 I thought it was a pretty good deal. Anything I should look for that goes bad on these sleds? Or that I should look into replacing? Thanks

Attachments

• 20141019_124501.jpg
    20141019_124501.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 101

A-arm bushings..might want to upgrade to obliges if it hasn't been done. Check the front sub frame and make sure it's not tweaked...you might want to consider getting a gusset kit to prevent that. I would put dielectric grease on every relay and connection, I can't stress that enough....other than that, I would do a search on here...lots of good reading for preventative maintainence.

My exhaust gaskets went at 4000 miles roughly. Sledtoyz sells the copper ones for cheap. Also did all a arm bushings with oil lite bushings. Upgrade skis to tuners or whatever ski you like, the stock ones are pretty bad. I popped the 2 pto side bearing seals (Jackshaft and driveshaft) and re greased them. At 3600 miles when I bought mine they were looking dry/dirty, especially the lower bearing (driveshaft). A tunnel block off plate is nice, as icing under the tunnel caused from snow hitting the muffler then melting/refreezing under tunnel is a PITA! I just installed my ddm HID kit today, pretty easy and what a difference! 35 watt 4300k kit. (Pure white, no blue at all)

This motor is the best sled engine I have ever ridden, it's a blast

Replace all relays with the updated red solid state relays. The 4 under the headlight. I believe only 3 are changeable to the red ones. The headlight relay is different. Steering post relocate kit is by far the best mod for the sled. And x2 on the HID lights, the change is unbelievable. I just put a set from ddm in my car and I'm blown away by the visibility I have now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best mod for a nytro is a set of split rail ski's and track relocation kit from Canada.a set of transfer blocks makes it even better. The nytro was a piece of junk stock.....now it's faster than a new viper.

Back