• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just what kind of filter is this

blue er

Expert
My yammy dealer put this on last year, it looks similar to one that leaked couple years before AND being told its a yamaha filter by the dealer.
Picture145.jpg

side by side
Picture144.jpg

this is the plain black one
Picture143.jpg

oem labeled yamaha filter
just would like to get what i pay for, I usually do my own services but last fall time didn't allow it, tough to see the filter anyway so unless you take it down how would anyone know they didn't put a oem on

Oem filter will have the oem logo on it and part number. I've never seen a oem yam filter without the logo or part number. When the honda dealer I worked for closed down they gave me a opened case of honda filters. They fit my apex as well as my golf cart. My guess would be parts ordered some brand "x" filters cause they were cheaper, to them. Are there any markings in that filter? Part number?

copo427ss said:
Oem filter will have the oem logo on it and part number. I've never seen a oem yam filter without the logo or part number. When the honda dealer I worked for closed down they gave me a opened case of honda filters. They fit my apex as well as my golf cart. My guess would be parts ordered some brand "x" filters cause they were cheaper, to them. Are there any markings in that filter? Part number?

X2 on the above.

I use Hi-Flo filters and they are clearly marked, as are all the filters I have ever used in anything.

I would definitely question it and make them prove it beyond a reasonable doubt that they are Yamaha filters, and if they can't, and they charged you full pop, then I demand a rebate and no longer use said dealer.

Is that rust on the all black filter?Its got to a Chinese filter.I have seen dealers sell aftermarket idler wheel bearing.I would question them on that.

Had the same thing happren with my Quad. Had the Yami dealership change oil while doing some warranty work. When I went to change oil the next time,my filter wench would not fit. Went back to Yami dealer, found out they only sell Chinese filters. Not sure how the Yammi 5 star service program works, but it must not include using original parts.

I find the rubber gaskets are much harder on Chinese filters causing leaks unless you tighten it down way past what is normal.

that is not a yammi filter, if you do a search on youtube (yamalube filters) you should get a video that yamaha has posted that explains all the details about what there filters look like and how they perform. il try and find the link later unless someone else has it?

Yup this is the work of the parts manager cutting corners to make the dept more money and the lack of care service manager. That crap never flew in the dealers I worked in nor does it in the shop I'm in now. They must be getting those filters soooo cheap that they just don't give a crap about the quality of them. Yamaha should not let that go. Yamaha wants you to use their products. You expect oem from a yamaha dealer. Why do you think yamalube came out with all those kinds of oil? Cause they got sick of losing money to other oil companies. Hi-flo filters are very good as well as kn and wix. stay away from fram. I would be up that dealers #*$&@ about that cheap low quality filter

that was the final kick in the nads for this dealer. I didn't have time to service my sled last year so i dropped it off to them for oil change, track and stud install(i supplied track) replace both front pipes with stainless and at 12k mileage i wanted the chain case speedo and jack shaft bearings replaced while your in there i near messed my pants when i picked it up to the tune of $2200 then had to but close to 200 bones worth of steering components to take the slop outta the steering

I still think that you should report this Dealer to Yamaha Canada.

Back