• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Keeping the clutch cool

unchained

Expert
Had this left over from the SLP cold air kit for my buddy's Fusion and put it to good use. Not the best location for inducting cold air but it opens up the area a bit since there doesnt seem to be much of a flow through the clutches under the clutch cover on these.....

Attachments

• 1128072039.jpg
    1128072039.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 1128072036.jpg
    1128072036.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 132

That's pretty slick!!! ;)! It would be cool to have something like that on the front part of the round area behind the A-arm to force air through that whole side and out the vent by your leg!!!!! :dunno:

skyboz said:
That's pretty slick!!! ;)! It would be cool to have something like that on the front part of the round area behind the A-arm to force air through that whole side and out the vent by your leg!!!!! :dunno:
Thats where started but couldnt find a good contour for that round vent to fit in front of the clutch anywhere. I see Timbersled.com has a Nytro FX cold air kit but they look pretty cheezy to me.....

I don't care for those much. I like unchained's set-up alot!! That is a clean look! One thing I was thinking is, do those little vents keep water out? If the vent is in front will water get on the clutches and cause slippage and what not?

skyboz said:
I don't care for those much. I like unchained's set-up alot!! That is a clean look! One thing I was thinking is, do those little vents keep water out? If the vent is in front will water get on the clutches and cause slippage and what not?
The screen in mine from SLP is really sheer like tough panty hose. Im sure standing water will easily pass through but snow and slop will have a hard time. Some of the other types out there have really course mesh screens that dont impress me

I don't know if the Nytro will have any heat problems around the clutch or not. From My experience with the Apex the Yamaha clutches don't have heat or belt problems. I have 4500 miles on My Apex belt and I can't kill it. I'll probably put another 2000 miles on it this year.

jds1000 said:
I don't know if the Nytro will have any heat problems around the clutch or not. From My experience with the Apex the Yamaha clutches don't have heat or belt problems. I have 4500 miles on My Apex belt and I can't kill it. I'll probably put another 2000 miles on it this year.
Im not expecting issues with heat but I had it laying around and it fit perfect so I figured it could only help :flag:

After 200 miles running the softer Ultimax belt recommended for this sled by Hartman, she unraveled on a long hilly groomed trail in the UP. Was in the kitchen hard trying to keep up with a 170 horse ZR 900 and a modded F7 when she exploded. So far with he 8DN belt, no issues......

I was thinking of putting the florite in the same spot as you. Any problems with moisture, figure you got cooler temps coming through??

Back