• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Kingers BOOSTED garage....

Yes we should! My gears are spinning I have everything it would take for a dream apex, built with parts I know will last. Maybe I even do the motor, meth and run 20 psi all the time! What a rocket!

Here is how the old girls sits, hasn't run in 3 years. This should be interesting!! I'll run with SC again not turbo for now.

Put some gas in it and it fired right up even half parted out with many parts missing LOL. I'm going to work on SC apex again and donate to my Dad and call it the "big papa" sled. Going to use up all my parts that I can to make it a nice clean runner. Some new paint and try not to make it ugly. Should be fun to have both to choose from!

something tells me you might spend as much time on it if not more than your dad will.

LOL Maim! You may be right! Here is what I am starting with! 2 different colors. I will try to make it 'pretty' but top priority is to get it moving first! No chaincase, suspension, track, electrical half gone, headlight, gauge pod, handlebars, coolant, oil. That should get it moving anyway! Lots to do but fun to use my all my stock parts. No weight concerns with this one, just 240hp reliability so I don't have to mess with it when the SW is broke LOL. Dad sold his vector so this will be quite a upgrade!

Attachments

• big papa.jpg
    big papa.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 166
Total tally was 48" from March 24th-April 16th 2018! Wow. I ended with a near perfect break in of 180 miles on the SW. Lots of good accel and decel pulls that you wouldn't get to do just on a trail. Warm up, shut down, etc. Weird smelling burnt plastic/oil/residue on a snowmobile. I'm pretty excited for my first BRAND NEW sled ever. Its put away and will be on Ulmers dyno sometime this summer for some POWA!
Yup same smell my 17 has had from day 1 runs great cant figure out why it smells this way,reminds me of my old turbo poo 750.

E7BC3CB0-BE21-4A50-8ACB-8BD61D11DE37.jpeg
862D100C-2E8A-4A79-AEBC-DD8C69171763.jpeg
7E93695C-E098-4D1D-BA49-5EA14D851786.jpeg
365F53C1-E378-4202-A420-13AF5A0E330B.jpeg
A1464134-B262-49E6-A7A6-8900F8D7D741.jpeg
Drug it out of storage and its in the garage! Cleaned up the drivers and and got the chaincase, track, and Drive shaft installed. Also did my ebrake reverse mod instead of the lever.

I need to find a handlebar risor next, and two screws that hold my throttle grip on! I had everything labeled immaculately but lost those screws somehow.

I’m excited to resurrect the ole SC girl! After throwing my back out dragging it on and off the trailer myself, I’ll be excited it moves on its own lol.

Last edited:
at least you have progress. still working on the same sled for 3 months in the garage atm.

dragging them around without snow or power sucks. i usually use my atv to move/winch them into place. i do use a snow winch to put them onto the trailer with a boost pack when the atv is not availible.

Made great progress on Big papa! It’s running under its own power and fired up and idled like a rockstar! I simplified the wiring by removing the remote start, and HID headlights. Going back to stock for now. Tested but reverse e brake mod and works flawlessly. This will be fun to ride again soon!!! Dad agreed to work on painting the body for me so that is a huge help. We’re 100 miles apart but traded parts at our family Christmas. Just finishing up the gauges now. Change the oil, and button her up! Fun to see it running again!!! That sound!!!! 4cyl FTW!

nice!

i just finally got the project sled into the garage after 2 years of trying to get it in. almost done my maintenece on all the other sleds as well.

What is your project sled maim?

I should have the gauges finished this weekend and ready for paint (need to cover up my white marble tunnel extension). I have a problem with the secondary, I think I am missing a washer or something, once installed its like 1/2-9/16" of a space for the 'float' range which seems WAY to much. I need to dig through the parts diagram and see what the culprit is. Currently I don't have any washers behind the clutch which I think is wrong. Also the old headlight pod had the common broken tabs so I will attempt to fix with a rubber spacer similar to the BOP repair kit. So far I have had to order $32 in parts, not bad! :)

I accidentally hit the plastic gauge pod with brake Kleen in an attempt to clean and forgot that it would dissolve the plastic. It turned it a dull cloudy color. After some research olive oil to the rescue! Turned out great and brought it back to life! I think I will hit the side panels in it as well!

What is your project sled maim?

I should have the gauges finished this weekend and ready for paint (need to cover up my white marble tunnel extension). I have a problem with the secondary, I think I am missing a washer or something, once installed its like 1/2-9/16" of a space for the 'float' range which seems WAY to much. I need to dig through the parts diagram and see what the culprit is. Currently I don't have any washers behind the clutch which I think is wrong. Also the old headlight pod had the common broken tabs so I will attempt to fix with a rubber spacer similar to the BOP repair kit. So far I have had to order $32 in parts, not bad! :)

project sled was given to my brother by our uncle, the 1st owner. it is a blue 1981 ss440. suspension and track where scrap when he gave it to us but it still fired up and wheelied across the lawn almost into my truck 15 years ago. as we needed to gather parts, it got put onto the back burner until they got gathered. finally got enough stuff gathered that it is time for the old girl to get fixed/modded. putting a phazer II chaincase and brakes onto it. putting a new 1.25" x 15" x 136" compsit track with the suspension out of a 95 ish vmax 5/600 st . would have prefered a phazer one but they are damn hard to find and this one was free99.

Back