• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Klim Klimate vs Keweenaw

FXR is very lite and not bulky at all with the Flote tech. FXR as good if not better than Klim and not as expensive. FXR also has a multitude of sizes and Klim does not. If you feel you must spend big bucks for some reason check out Motorfist. Since Polaris bought Klim it is not the same company not as friendly when there are problems. Motorfist is what Klim used to be before Polaris.

Here's something we do agree on.....

I've never had FXR or the Keweenaw. I do own the Klimate suit. It's very warm. I leave the underarm breathers open unless it dips in the -30s C.
I rode in the rain last march and was very dry afterwards. My hands were soaked (not Klim), have since bought Klim waterproof gloves. Will be ready for any weather now. Highly recommend the Klimate.

I have both and klim is more expensive for sure but good , fxr adrenaline is warmer with many pockets and hydration pac built in but removable . i have the fxr up for sale 125$ orange and black good shape size 3 xl but fits more like 2 xl.

I have both the Kenetic and The Keweenaw Jackets and i prefer the Keweenaw it has more pockets and is warmer to me. I also have the vector pants and Arctic GTX boots. I will never buy anything but klim as far as im concerned its the best clothing you can buy for snowmobiling never wet at the end of the day!!

Last edited:
Keweenaw jacket and bibs. Wind proof and water proof and insulated in all the right spots.

Expensive but had no issues at -21 just wearing a base layer. I swear by Klim and gortex. Good luck

I've really enjoyed the Tundra bib, it's almost as much insulation as the Rohn, but half the price if you sniff around.

The jackets have worked well for us, definitely recommend finding a place that sells previous year inventory at reduced prices.

Klim funds the tree huggers with charities, these are the same groups that are trying to close snowmobiling on public lands.

Yea snowmobiles do so much damage...Worse than logging for sure.

I
Klim funds the tree huggers with charities, these are the same groups that are trying to close snowmobiling on public lands.

Yea snowmobiles do so much damage...Worse than logging for sure.
stopped buying north face for same reason. Damn, damn. Well with what I have invested in Klim gear it will be a few years before I Change brands. And yea what’s up with all the logging. They are destroying the scenery and trails. What a shame.

I have had all my Klim gear since around the 2009-2010 season. With these lame winters I'd say any riding I get outside of my one week trip to the UP is a bonus.

So this season I get up to the UP of Michigan on my yearly trip. We take our first ride and make a stop at the Rosseau Bar. I look down and notice my right boot (Klim Adreneline GTX) the sole is coming apart. It was almost peeled completely off. So later that day I showed it to Kip's wife at Pat's Motorsports. Being they are Klim dealers she said I should contact them. "I'll bet they will take care of you". Fortunately I had brought up my older boots (Baffin) which I wore the rest of the week.

When I got home I contacted their customer service. They had me send several photos. They agreed to replace them being they said the bottom of the soles looked perfect with no noticeable wear. I did have to cut the tongues off to prove to them I wasn't scamming them. They sent me a voucher code for the price of those boots to buy through their online store. I just have to wait for the new stock to arrive being they are out of my size.

I thought I would share this, that's pretty good customer service.

I have had all my Klim gear since around the 2009-2010 season. With these lame winters I'd say any riding I get outside of my one week trip to the UP is a bonus.

So this season I get up to the UP of Michigan on my yearly trip. We take our first ride and make a stop at the Rosseau Bar. I look down and notice my right boot (Klim Adreneline GTX) the sole is coming apart. It was almost peeled completely off. So later that day I showed it to Kip's wife at Pat's Motorsports. Being they are Klim dealers she said I should contact them. "I'll bet they will take care of you". Fortunately I had brought up my older boots (Baffin) which I wore the rest of the week.

When I got home I contacted their customer service. They had me send several photos. They agreed to replace them being they said the bottom of the soles looked perfect with no noticeable wear. I did have to cut the tongues off to prove to them I wasn't scamming them. They sent me a voucher code for the price of those boots to buy through their online store. I just have to wait for the new stock to arrive being they are out of my size.

I thought I would share this, that's pretty good customer service.

PS: I did get my new Klim Adrenaline GTX boots in August. They finally showed up on their website in my size so I ordered them right away. They did go up in price. They had comped me the price of last years boots....$239.00, the new ones were $259.99 so I paid the difference. Still not a bad deal at all.

I have a buddy who works for A.L Gore. My understanding is Gortex has a lifetime warranty and Klim uses Gortex on many items. Anyway, his Klim bibs we're getting wet in the seat while riding in deep snow, he sent them back. They reviewed and determined very miner failure in the gortex causing the leak. Bibs we're like 6 yrs old.

They replaced his bids no questions. I find klim stands behind their product.

I have a buddy who works for A.L Gore. My understanding is Gortex has a lifetime warranty and Klim uses Gortex on many items. Anyway, his Klim bibs we're getting wet in the seat while riding in deep snow, he sent them back. They reviewed and determined very miner failure in the gortex causing the leak. Bibs we're like 6 yrs old.

They replaced his bids no questions. I find klim stands behind their product.

Holy Cow, AL Gore invented Gore Tex too? LoL!! I think it's W. L. Gore :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gore-Tex

Nothing will keep you dry and warm like MotoFist will .

I love hearing these reports on good service. All of these brands do not make garbage. But coming from a large sled group with owners of all brands, one cannot compare brands in a broad sense. For example, "Klim is cold" "FXR is Light" "Motofist is the warmest"

These statements make no sense when you have to compare gear that is designed for similar riding conditions. We are trail riders and ride down to -20f We only buy the Klim, FXR or Motorfist cold weather gear. So making those broad statements without saying the model of the brand you are comparing is foolish crap. As they all make cold weather gear, and the all make light mountain gear.

So the yahoo that gets pissy about spending way too much on Klim mountain gear to find out it is not warm enough is an idiot. That's the same guy that would say, Klim is cold. Buy the right gear for the riding you do. And review the gear you bought by model, and not make blanket statements about the brands. It just makes you look like a fool. All of these brands make great gear for the riding you do.

Biggest things to note, is FXR allows dealers to discount gear when they see fit. So it is possible to see this gear on sale, so one gets the idea that it is cheaper. It is only as cheap as what the dealer cares to sell it at. (and I will agree, on average, it is less money) Klim uses MAP pricing, I thought FXR did as well, but someone can correct me, which keeps the prices at retail price and a level playing field for all Klim Authorized dealers. It protects the dealer. They are allowed to discount the product when it is either discontinued or replaced with a new model/color style change etc. (thus the reason for the late boot warranty above, those were just refreshed) When you do find these non-current models of Klim, the deals are great (still on the spendy side, but worth it)

So when an OP asks a very specific question about two models. Try to answer that question specifically. And if it opens up to comparison to other brands, be specific about what models of other brands you are comparing to. As the blanket statements don't help the conversation, other than show what little you may know about the gear you have spent a ton of money on, but truly enjoy.

Good luck all

PS: I love the Keeweenaw Jacket and Klimate pant combination as a Minnesota/Michigan trail rider. But it is way too warm when we took our one trip to the mountains. One wish, I would have loved to have had a zip out liner like my buddies FXR jackets have. Otherwise, the great ventilation more than made up for this feature flaw in my eyes.

Nothing will keep you dry and warm like MotoFist will .

Also good stuff, founded by the guy that founded Klim is my understanding...Brad Ball.

He sold Klim to Polaris, sounds like Motorfist was aquired by Arctic Cat now under similar circumstances. Sounds like a smart business man.

Back