• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Klim Klimate vs Keweenaw

Klim now defines their warranty as not a lifetime but a "practical lifetime" warranty. Boots and goggles only have 1 year and Helmets 5. Warranty basically not worth anything when you say normal wear and tear will void it (see below). I did buy Keweenaw jacket and bibs this year though - stuff is nice! ;)

"** What does the practical lifetime of the product mean? The practical lifetime of a product is not indefinite. The intensity under which the product is used determines this factor. Materials will deteriorate and fade over time and moving parts will wear out. We design our products to endure extended periods of use. Use your best judgement, if it looks worn out then it likely is. It may be time to simply replace your product, we hope you will give Klim the opportunity to enhance your experience in the most demanding conditions.
The following items will void the lifetime warranty of the product even if the issue is unrelated to these damages:
- Rips, tears, cuts
- Burns, abrasions
- Accidents, crashes
- Improper Care, negligence
- Normal wear and tear
- Modifications, alterations
- Use other than the product’s intended purpose"

Klim now has built in flotation assistance! The Gear you wont be disappointed with! Period!!

Since this thread started seeing lots more FXR on the trail. Buddies converted from Klim to FXR. Like FXR better. Both good but FXR gaining market share.

Ontario is predominately FXR. Klim a distance second. CKX seems to be kicking butt in the helmet category these days and their clothing line looks good as well at a much better price point. Top of the line CKX jacket is $420CDN vs. $650+ Klim and FXR. CKX even has a jacket with a built-in LED strip across the back. Surprising no one has copied that.

Has anyone used any Tobe gear?

Tobe looks to be a quality product, I looked at it for this year i have several Klim jackets and they shine more for the Motorcycle industry, Dry and breathable. Just bought a grand worth of Klim Sled gear, well see how well it works!

I ask about Tobe because I saw some this year at the NH grass drags. 40% off, looked like nice stuff.

Back