• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Last ride of the season ! Maybe

Motorhead

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 SW LTX-LE
9BA0B437-CEC6-41F3-BECC-FBB5F8782B21.jpeg
Trailered a bit over an hour from my home town. Take a look at what they do with little snow.
820DDA37-795D-4BA8-B517-E0EBB7ED2F70.jpeg

Fast trails with ice base

Gadedude is calling for a noreaster this week and again around the 13th

Hopefully it happens.
I have been warned from my employer that we have 2 weekends where all hands on deck will be needed, so this weekend may be it unless stuff gets cancelled or setback by customers.

Really love riding this time of year, trails are hard and weather is pleasant.

Thought I was done sledding this weekend. Now a predicted 5" coming tomorrow night and temps to preserve it all week. Maybe another ride next weekend! Already have surpassed last season's total mileage. No complaints from me.

Thought I was done sledding this weekend. Now a predicted 5" coming tomorrow night and temps to preserve it all week. Maybe another ride next weekend! Already have surpassed last season's total mileage. No complaints from me.

Douglas/Superior area?

Dennis,where did you find such nice looking trails yesterday one hour north of augusta?? So how fast have you had your sled now with tune working good?

Hey Pete,
All winter these trails have looked like this every freaking Saturday. It has kept us from going to other spots because of their consistency. These guys know how to groom. My bro told us about this spot years ago, we were then passing it by an traveling an hour further North on our way to Parlin pond or Jackman. Solon Snow Hawks trail in pics, but other trails around like the Bald Mountain trail are perfectly maintained.

I had my sled going 128 (Speedo) on an icy trail with 1/2” of meal on it. It is a spot we like to test on that is not too long but has a down hill grade to it on the last 150 yards or so. My buddy has a GPS mounted to his Apex with a Yamacharger, he got 123 GPS (Saw his max after that run).I pull on him pretty good at all speeds so I should be couple faster then him.

Put a 22 top gear on mine Friday and found some ice again this Saturday. Gained a bit, went from 129 speedo the week before to 133 Speedo this Saturday, but without real studs a lot of that was spinning. My Ice Attack works really good on hard packed trails, but on ice it is what it is. Quite apparent when I borrowed my buddies GPS. 128 or so gave me only 120 GPS, and it was hard to hold onto... so I may have been running 123 or 124 on my fastest runs. He was turning 119 GPS. He has the same track, but with much less hp so it works better on his set up for ice. Mine is over powered for ice!

Next year I may add more power, Dalton weights and studs. Stock clutching with weight added to tip works OK but I am sure with the 265 I will need a kit.

Was in Cable this past weekend. Amazingly good. Snow is predicted for much of Northern WI tomorrow. Will freshen many areas. Next weekend would probably be Langlade county for me.
Great time of year to ride huh? Temps are much warmer which really settles the snow during the day with it’s melt, and then freezing over for the next morning. Time to make Maple syrup for some with the 40 highs and then the 20’s low, and time to ride for others!! Lol

Was in Cable this past weekend. Amazingly good. Snow is predicted for much of Northern WI tomorrow. Will freshen many areas. Next weekend would probably be Langlade county for me.
Here is some from yesterday. Many have stored thier sleds already. Saw 3 sleds all day. 385 mi day. I couldn't stop and came within a inch of calling into work sick so I could stay overnight and ride today.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Here is some from yesterday. Many have stored thier sleds already. Saw 3 sleds all day. 385 mi day. I couldn't stop and came within a inch of calling into work sick so I could stay overnight and ride today.
View attachment 138861 View attachment 138862 View attachment 138863 View attachment 138864 View attachment 138865 View attachment 138866 View attachment 138867 View attachment 138868 View attachment 138869 View attachment 138870 View attachment 138871 View attachment 138872 View attachment 138873 View attachment 138874

Holy $h!t Steve, from Parrish to Minocqua? You put on some serious mileage. Was that way a couple of weeks ago. Parrish had some of the best conditions. Glad to hear others are welcome still out there enjoying a ride.

View attachment 138861 View attachment 138862 View attachment 138863 View attachment 138864 View attachment 138865 View attachment 138866 View attachment 138867
View attachment 138868 View attachment 138869 View attachment 138870 View attachment 138871 View attachment 138872 View attachment 138873 View attachment 138874[/QUOTE
I thought pizza was food?

Hey Pete,
All winter these trails have looked like this every freaking Saturday. It has kept us from going to other spots because of their consistency. These guys know how to groom. My bro told us about this spot years ago, we were then passing it by an traveling an hour further North on our way to Parlin pond or Jackman. Solon Snow Hawks trail in pics, but other trails around like the Bald Mountain trail are perfectly maintained.

I had my sled going 128 (Speedo) on an icy trail with 1/2” of meal on it. It is a spot we like to test on that is not too long but has a down hill grade to it on the last 150 yards or so. My buddy has a GPS mounted to his Apex with a Yamacharger, he got 123 GPS (Saw his max after that run).I pull on him pretty good at all speeds so I should be couple faster then him.

Put a 22 top gear on mine Friday and found some ice again this Saturday. Gained a bit, went from 129 speedo the week before to 133 Speedo this Saturday, but without real studs a lot of that was spinning. My Ice Attack works really good on hard packed trails, but on ice it is what it is. Quite apparent when I borrowed my buddies GPS. 128 or so gave me only 120 GPS, and it was hard to hold onto... so I may have been running 123 or 124 on my fastest runs. He was turning 119 GPS. He has the same track, but with much less hp so it works better on his set up for ice. Mine is over powered for ice!

Next year I may add more power, Dalton weights and studs. Stock clutching with weight added to tip works OK but I am sure with the 265 I will need a kit.
Dennis that is awesome speeds,but there are a lot of difference between speedo on lose snow and GPS speeds,thats for sure,does your track ever rachet at top speed running down a small grade? Mine does,i have adjusted track several times and it has 2800 on it,you would think it would not stretch anymore. Well so far this year you have at least hit that magic mark of real 120 heck my best real number has been 117 a couple times,on same snow covered sloppy pond. lol I would love to find bare ice or just enough snow to give lube only on hard ice,i am afraid those days this year are gone,ya we may get a crap load of wet heavy snow,but that will hinder top speeds. Pete

Holy $h!t Steve, from Parrish to Minocqua? You put on some serious mileage. Was that way a couple of weeks ago. Parrish had some of the best conditions. Glad to hear others are welcome still out there enjoying a ride.
I was way north and west of Minocqua Almost to 2. Quit posting on Facebook since I was going to call in sick. Was past the Willow Flowage. Easy to make miles. Made it home in Manitowoc by Midnight and work by 6am. Nap time when I got home from work. Point is its time to ride. Will be a long summer. It will end soon. Oh and my carbides and slides from last season are still good!

Dennis that is awesome speeds,but there are a lot of difference between speedo on lose snow and GPS speeds,thats for sure,does your track ever rachet at top speed running down a small grade? Mine does,i have adjusted track several times and it has 2800 on it,you would think it would not stretch anymore. Well so far this year you have at least hit that magic mark of real 120 heck my best real number has been 117 a couple times,on same snow covered sloppy pond. lol I would love to find bare ice or just enough snow to give lube only on hard ice,i am afraid those days this year are gone,ya we may get a crap load of wet heavy snow,but that will hinder top speeds. Pete
Are you sure its ratcheting or is it hitting the rail tips or rails hard Pete?

Back