• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Laying Nytro on side?

westinbrad

Extreme
Is it safe to lay it on its side?

I had it on it side for about 30 mins, putting the skid in, and the whole time I was wondering if oil was going places it shouldn't.

I figure there's got to be a reason for that roll over valve---or is that for when it's completely upside down?

Hope someone can clarify.

i'm not 100% sure, but i just installed a yamaha skidplate and in the instructions it said to pinch of the vent tube for the gas tank and lay it on its right side.

If you lay it over on the left side the oil will flow from the oil tank into the airbox. Makes a nice mess and leaves small pools of oil under your machine for weeks. Pools always stress me out and i end up tearing the skid plate off to make sure its not leaking from the filter or somewhere else..lol

When i put it on its side to work on sled I pinch oil hose off at oil tank with needle nose vise grips. Have never pinched off fuel line.

It kind of depends how far you lay it over. You can lay it over on to the right (oil tank side) much farther then the left. When its on the right the oil has to flow "up hill" to exit the breather hose. If you lay it over on the left side, its a "down hill" slope and it will pour right out into the air box.

It is worth mentioning that if the engine is running while the sled is on it's side, the positive air flow exiting the breather hose will pump the oil out at a much faster rate.

Bill

Back