• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LED Headlights

my concern more with these is if the focal point of the light will be in the right place so we aren't blinding oncoming traffic.

Same problem with aftermarket HID kits in vehicles, the focal point is wrong, so the light isn't properly focused and tends to blind oncoming traffic.

Reaiming your lights on a vehicle is a must with HID installation. Once its set very hard to beat HID. I just rode in my brothers truck he has them and they are awesome no other word for it!

LED lights are very nice. Bright, efficient, long lasting. But they don't have the distance of light. They are bright in the immediate area, but going fast at night, it would be easy to over drive the light. I have HID's, and the really are the ticket. Bright, and shine out there a long ways. I would reccomend them to anyone.

Bahr05 said:
LED lights are very nice. Bright, efficient, long lasting. But they don't have the distance of light. They are bright in the immediate area, but going fast at night, it would be easy to over drive the light. I have HID's, and the really are the ticket. Bright, and shine out there a long ways. I would reccomend them to anyone.

This was my concern as i have dealt with LED's in the past. Very bright, but do not project far ahead of vehicle. Hopefully with new technology they will get as good or better than current HID's.

Bahr05 said:
Any body wanna buy some new unopened LEDs ? Lol jk. Did your LEDs shine further than standard regular bulbs?

I have Rigid Industries Dually LED lights. Used them last year and really liked them. They are the spots (vs the fogs). Distance is way better than stock. They're adjustable so you can center them or shine them more outwardly.

Attachments

• DSC_0519.JPG
    DSC_0519.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC_0513.JPG
    DSC_0513.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC_0512.JPG
    DSC_0512.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC_0511.JPG
    DSC_0511.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 169
I got my sled lites in the mail last night. Was at a wicked booze fest last night so not sure how soon I will get them on. :drink: But likley will be using them tonight! Never would have guessed they come with cooling fans. And it looks like quality stuff.

yamabrute said:
I got my sled lites in the mail last night. Was at a wicked booze fest last night so not sure how soon I will get them on. :drink: But likley will be using them tonight! Never would have guessed they come with cooling fans. And it looks like quality stuff.
What else is there to do in Meadow Lake anyhow, eh? LOL
:moon:

-32 celcius today about -26 fahrenheit. Been like this since I put in the lights. Tomorrow supposed to warm up for a couple days, so maybe get a chance to check them out. Will report asap.

Awesome night last night. Gathered up some pals, rode about 6 miles to meet up with some who live in the country. 20 yards later downed Cat. Lol gotta feel sorry for these people. Think it has a broken jackshaft, Snapped as snapped could be..and his wife has a reverse gear issue. So the leds are definately bright. I think you could overdrive them. Not sure it is a huge improvement, but they are kind of neat.

LEDs are still kind of a new thing for driving lights. And the newest ones are still $$$ So if you're getting a deal on LEDs - you're not getting the good stuff.. The flashlight I posted on page 1 has a single XM-L U2 LED in it, and cost nearly $200. It easily throws a good beam a couple of hundred yards and glows out to a few hundred+ For a small handheld flashlight, Ive never used a handheld spotlight that comes close. All from something as small as this>

1003587h.jpg

The lens and housing/reflector for these things also play a huge part in how well they work. Its actually going to be an interesting time in our lives when it comes to lighting and what they will be able to do. And the price will continue to fall. No different then household LED's that started at 35-40 dollars and continue to slide into the 20s and lower now.

Back