• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Left Boot Syndrome

A good boot will fix the problem. I have never had a wet left foot until i received a pair of skidoo boots. Didn't matter what sled i was on the water would drip down onto the mesh material by the laces and would soak my foot. Skidoo boots are junk IMO. I went back to my iceman boots.

The Bismarck said:
A good boot will fix the problem. I have never had a wet left foot until i received a pair of skidoo boots. Didn't matter what sled i was on the water would drip down onto the mesh material by the laces and would soak my foot. Skidoo boots are junk IMO. I went back to my iceman boots.

I do not believe you can judge the problem unless you ride the sled...it is beyond the boot...I have never had this problem prior to this snowmobile...2 RX-1's, a Warrior, and an Apex GT...NEVER saw this before...I do not know about Ski-Doo boots but my FXR Nitro's have never seen this before...

Havent even ridden my sled yet but after reading this ordered a new pair of Klim Radiums yeterday and am buying Gortex Freeride pants thats my fix!

I have really nice RU Outside Bill Townsend boots.

I have been using ALL RU Outside products for 2 years now and you dont sweat in anything they sell!

I will take up my old Hodgman Ice Kings with me next week, but based on what Im reading here, it isnt my boots.....

unpride said:
Havent even ridden my sled yet but after reading this ordered a new pair of Klim Radiums yeterday and am buying Gortex Freeride pants thats my fix!
i also run the freeride pant..so comfortable,i like them more than my klim bibs..

I'll be ordering a new pair of boots anyday now, curious if anyone has tried the last year's Klim Radium boots ? If so, are they difficult to walk in when wearing them ? I really can't tolerate the ski boot feeling ! I also hear you should order 2 sizes up from your normal show size...any comments appreciated ! :Rockon:

i have the adreniline and ordered 1 size up..the radium were not out at the time..ive stood in 6 inchs of water for 20 mins and feet never got wet..klim has good stuff

sstickler said:
skoalring11 said:
are you guys riding on groomed trails ?

There may be something to this...most of us are riding in powder and ungroomed trails for the most part...since that is what was available last weekend...

well lets tell the facts before we start making people worrried that every time they got on there new sled that their foot it going to be soaked. If your a trail rider it hard to belive that this will be a problem. But time will tell and if It does turn out to be a problem I will modify the sled to fix it

skoalring11 said:
sstickler said:
skoalring11 said:
are you guys riding on groomed trails ?

There may be something to this...most of us are riding in powder and ungroomed trails for the most part...since that is what was available last weekend...

well lets tell the facts before we start making people worrried that every time they got on there new sled that their foot it going to be soaked. If your a trail rider it hard to belive that this will be a problem. But time will tell and if It does turn out to be a problem I will modify the sled to fix it
fact:
My feet got really wet in 3 rides totally 160 miles. I was wearing brand new RU Outside BT boots that I had never worn before. I will take my old Hodmans up and try them next time because in 16 years of wearing them with MANY different sleds, my feet NEVER got even damp.

I have RU Outside everything and love their stuff and dont even think of sweating in their clothing so I'll be surprised the problem is the boots but the fact is that it was my first time wearing them......

I rode in some powder of my 160 miles, but the majority (97%) was not in powder at all.....

Sounds like it may be a combination of heat causing our feet to sweat, and possibly melting snow to top it all off. Regardless, I'm ordering a new pair of Klim boots RIGHT NOW, and I'm actually happy about it, early Christmas present to me ! :-o

I'm bending/cutting two separate pieces of lexan today and will try them out tonight. One piece for the radiator, and another piece will be bent to fit in front of the footwell. I'll post pics if it's an improvement. Snow storm is hitting us today so there is LOTS of fresh powder to play in.

BLUEBALLER said:
I'm bending/cutting two separate pieces of lexan today and will try them out tonight. One piece for the radiator, and another piece will be bent to fit in front of the footwell. I'll post pics if it's an improvement. Snow storm is hitting us today so there is LOTS of fresh powder to play in.

good luck and let us know

Back