• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Left-hand throttle on Apex

thinksnow

Expert
I could use a little help here guys. I took the left-hand throttle off of my dad's old sled (99 Mtn Max) and I am trying to put it on a '06 Apex Mtn.. How the heck are you guys mounting it? There doesn't seem to be enough room on the bars and the throttle flippers are shaped different. I know there are tons of them already in use, so any pics of your setup would help out.

Thanks

Come on guys. I know there are a bunch of you using them. Help me out a little.

Are you mounting the lever over the grips? Shoot me some pics of how your looks on the sled.

I have a Dirty Hairy lever and it is too small to mount over the grips and there isn't enough room on the bars to mount direct. It is the same lever as the Goldfinger.

Did you chek on there web site to see if you could find the instruction? I have a gold finger and I had to move the light switch a bit to the rite. I'm not sure how the one you have mount on.

I searched on the net and it looks like there are two types of goldfinger levers. One is identical to the Dirty Hairy and the other looks like it mounts over the grip. The over the grip model is only sold by the manufacturer of the Goldfinger sled kits. I think they used a different lever setup and substituted just the handle and not the mount (if that make sense-LOL).

I am going to try to work on it again tomorrow and see if I can come up with SOMETHING.LOL

Anyone else with pics or insight??????????

Back