• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Shortening my 06 Apex MTN track?

BubbaG

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 yamaha apex 162 mountain
Hey Guys,
I just bought a 2006 Apex 162", it was a smoking deal but its way too long of a track for what i want to do with this sled (river and lake riding). I already have another mtn sled. The track currently on it is in really rough shape, what is my cheapest way to get this sled to like a 141" length? As I am going to have to buy a new/used track anyways.

Last edited:

You will need a different skid , track and drivers. Then gearing and clutching to finalize it. Cheap, that’s not in my vocabulary now days.

You have pics of you sled? I believe the back portion is all riveted on the tunnel and can be removed. Travis at Barn of Parts probably have everything you would need minus some mounts and nuts, bolts and rivets.

I will give him a call. Thanks for help,I did noticemy sled has some steel rivets on tunnel above running boards, I found this odd

don't quote me on this but i think you could go with an xtx rear suspension and track. brothers 09 mtx looked very close to my 11/16 apex xtx other than the rear mounts. i do know unless you can find a shorter 3 pitch track, you will need to replace the drivers. i did look into taking a standard apex (11-15) apex and turning it into an xtx before i bought my 16 as main difference was gearing and tunnel extension. as to gearing, i have no clue but it would probably pull a 1.75" lug with no issues.

Has anyone ever seen a arctic cat proclaims skid installed on a apex? I found a 15 arctic cat xf 9000 skid (141 inch) and track cheap, and debating doing the swap

Back