• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

lets hear it for the 2020 Viper

The specs say tunner 3 skis. Not sure what was on the 19.Regardless what they call them they just dont mesh well with the cat chassis. they hook hard one corner and push on the next corner. very inconsistent performance that can be very frustrating when riding hard in the trails with tight corners. Long story short,for a machine that costs 14,000 or more,its crazy that you then have to dish out another 500.00 for decent skis.

The specs say tunner 3 skis. Not sure what was on the 19.Regardless what they call them they just dont mesh well with the cat chassis. they hook hard one corner and push on the next corner. very inconsistent performance that can be very frustrating when riding hard in the trails with tight corners. Long story short,for a machine that costs 14,000 or more,its crazy that you then have to dish out another 500.00 for decent skis.
I totally agree

ok I now its not a new yammie chassis but....I for one love the new styling and red color the new front end and the new air intake, ecu flash and power increase etc. seem to indicate that that the sled is becoming what it should have been to begin with. I was concerned that there would be nothing but BNG sooooo hopefully this means they are staying in the game.
I like the new tunnel bag also

Skiis - 2020 Viper - Tuner 3, 2019 Viper - Tuner 3, 2018 Viper - Tuner Gen 3

If you coast in the corners, aka drive into the corner, then let the engine break as your turning, the front end lowers, skiis grab. They always turn. Now, if your accelerating and trying to turn, they will plow a bit. But remember, they never track. They always drive straight as an arrow. So I think it depends on how you ride and what you like.

I'm seriously thinking about up grading this year, was gonna pick up a left over Winder but after seeing the up grades to the Viper i may just get one. I like the blue and orange one, I will have to see what happens i need to sell my 14 or trade it in maybe. I will miss the power of the turbo. As far as the tuners go i was not one of many guys that jumped on the Curves band wagon, run 6" carbide Ace bar on the inside and stock 4" carbide on the outside and tuners will work pretty darn good and zero darting. You may have to do alittle suspension adjusting to get it to your liking.

Was looking at a New leftover 2019 7000 with the updated plastics. Looks to be same thing minus the nice shocks and extras on the GT. $11000. Had a cheapo guage also. Is that the guage on GT?

After riding the RIOT from Arctic Cat I would buy one. I would not sell my 14 RTX with turbo, way to much fun on the trails. The Riot from AC felt great in the corners and was a lot of fun to ride and the price is not bad. I really wish it had the Yamaha name on it, that is what I thought we would see in the line up this year.

Was looking at a New leftover 2019 7000 with the updated plastics. Looks to be same thing minus the nice shocks and extras on the GT. $11000. Had a cheapo guage also. Is that the guage on GT?
Along the same thought but a little off topic, but I noticed that the only Yamaha motor in a 2020 Arctic Cat now is the Sidewinder Turbo motor in the Thundercat. No Nytro motor in any AC sleds this year that I can see. G.B.

The Viper GT is almost the same as the 2019 ZR 7000 Limited. The only main difference I can see so far is the updated arms and spindles on the 2020 viper. Otherwise they share the new controls, LED headlight, new plastics, standard QS3 shocks and heated seat. I just picked up a new pair of black/grey 2019 ZR 7000 limiteds for 10,500 each as opposed to spending $14,500 on the viper plus I've managed to put almost 1400 miles on the new sleds so 4k savings and already riding it. If the arms and spindles work that much better I'm sure i can get them to fit for less than 4k lol. The new controls are nice. New brake handle design has a better feel and easier to find when a quick tap is needed and the new throttle design is basically a copy of the apex version and it also gets HOT so the BOP japanese conversion isnt needed. The gauge is the deluxe gauge (what they call the original 2 screen gauge now) and the base model has the "sport" gauge which is a single screen. If someone is cool with the team clutches, color and the fact it says arctic cat on it instead of yamaha, they are better of finding a leftover 2019 limited vs the new viper.

I also put a call out on the ecu on the 2019 7000 as far as the power bump yamaha is claiming for 2020. I heard rumors that the 2019 cat 7000's got that same ecu mapping last year and the vipers are getting it this year but waiting for confirmation on that.

After riding the RIOT from Arctic Cat I would buy one. I would not sell my 14 RTX with turbo, way to much fun on the trails. The Riot from AC felt great in the corners and was a lot of fun to ride and the price is not bad. I really wish it had the Yamaha name on it, that is what I thought we would see in the line up this year.
I've been trying to see how that skid mounts, I really hope they used the XTX mounting points! It will be a nice upgrade in a few years, along with having far more track choices than 141

IMG_1132.jpg
IMG_4568.jpg
IMG_4579.jpg
IMG_4575.jpg
IMG_1132.jpg
IMG_4568.jpg
IMG_4568.jpg
Seen the 2020s at show yesterday. Checked out Viper as I'm interested in this sled. Do like the SE for colours, but gonna need a shock swap to suite my riding. The GT seems to be coloured more for the female crowd, but does have nice options for being an in season model. Really like the fact that the Viper is approx 50 lbs lighter in weight over the big brother turbo and will have no ice built up in tunnel with the absence of heat exchangers. I don't need big top speed and I recall really liking the corner to corner performance of my Nytro, so this might do the trick as a good 4-stroke option. Been in the sidelines for many years now as I've been leery with this cat DNA, but maybe now it may be good enough after 7 years in the making? I'm a big Doo fan as well, but that 900T just doesn't do it for me for throttle response and feedback so my 4-stroke option is very limited.
few pics

Dan

View attachment 147471 View attachment 147472 View attachment 147477 View attachment 147478 View attachment 147471 View attachment 147472 View attachment 147472 Seen the 2020s at show yesterday. Checked out Viper as I'm interested in this sled. Do like the SE for colours, but gonna need a shock swap to suite my riding. The GT seems to be coloured more for the female crowd, but does have nice options for being an in season model. Really like the fact that the Viper is approx 50 lbs lighter in weight over the big brother turbo and will have no ice built up in tunnel with the absence of heat exchangers. I don't need big top speed and I recall really liking the corner to corner performance of my Nytro, so this might do the trick as a good 4-stroke option. Been in the sidelines for many years now as I've been leery with this cat DNA, but maybe now it may be good enough after 7 years in the making? I'm a big Doo fan as well, but that 900T just doesn't do it for me for throttle response and feedback so my 4-stroke option is very limited.
few pics

Dan
I would agree with you on the 900T.

Back