• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Limiter straps-when to replace?

Not to hi-jack-but what happens if one breaks while you're riding?

David

WANNA4STROKE said:
Not to hi-jack-but what happens if one breaks while you're riding?

David
Uncontrollable wheelies every time you hit the throttle.

Replace now and carry one of the old ones as a spare.

Trust me if you break one way back in the backcountry it is NO fun. We dropped down in a hell hole a couple years ago and I thought we were screwed. Last day of the trip, 20 miles from the truck and almost zero visiblity. No chance a chopper could fly in to get it. Luckily I had a ratchet strap in my pack. We sucked the suspension down and BARELY made it out.

You can make your own to save a couple bucks. The ones that I made are stronger than stock and I carry an extra.

Well you could pull the entire skid and check over everything at the same time. Bearings, wheels sliders, etc. Or you could use a floor jack near front of the skid to compress it and change the strap that way. I would pull the skid and take a look at everything. Not really that hard to pull a skid. Four bolts and two guys shouldn't take to long.

Back