• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Little Yamaha.....Big Yamaha

Phazernut

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
04 Viper ER.
96 V-Max 4
A pic from this weekend. This is what it's all about

Attachments

• DSC01433.jpg
    DSC01433.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 156

Too cool. Ya know, thats what's a shame, all other brands have a kids sled, yet Yamaha forces a parent to buy 20-30 year old machines for their kids. I.E. Sno-Scoots or Enticer 250's

Wake up Yamaha!!! Make a mini Apex or Vector with your 250cc Raptor ATV one lunger & it'll be a hot item. IMHO :Rockon:

Yes thats true but it is still a rider forward design and way more usable than the 120's.

I highly doubt if we will ever see a true kids sled from Yamaha. With the pressure from all the do-gooders in the world against all us bad parents who let our kids ride those dangerous machines afterall. And those are the same do-gooders who let their kids out on the street on a skateboard without protection.

That's kinda what I'm saying. The little 120s of the other makers are ho-hum at best. maybe OK for around the yard, but harldy trail worthy.

However, a capable 250cc "mini" that could propel junior at even 25-30 MPH on the trails would be a huge hit I think.

Phazernut said:
Yes thats true but it is still a rider forward design and way more usable than the 120's.

I highly doubt if we will ever see a true kids sled from Yamaha. With the pressure from all the do-gooders in the world against all us bad parents who let our kids ride those dangerous machines afterall. And those are the same do-gooders who let their kids out on the street on a skateboard without protection.

LOL true. Or they are the same morons who can't figure out wht their precious little Johnny/Janie is all F'd up in dope or gangs because they had no hobbies or recreation. Dumb #$%&* s

I clocked my little guy at 30MPH this weekend on his scoot. We went about 100 miles in 3 days and he had a ball. Not bad considering he is only 5

I had a friend turn down an afternoon behind our house with his son saying that he wouldn't come out for a ride on the sled because he would then want to go out all the time.........heaven forbid if the kid actually wanted to go out and play instead of in the house with his video game.

I've found my daughters Polaris 120 gets around pretty well when the govener is modified. It is pretty amazing to see what kind of money can be spent on mods for a 120.

I don't see Yamaha coming out with anything to compete in the 120 class. What they need is a sled in between a 120 and a Freestyle. Funny thing is Doo dropped the 300 Freestyle ofr '08 so maybe Yamaha needs to offer something just a little smaller than the Freestyle?

That's awsome! I've always got an eye out for a Sno scoot that's in decent condition. I don't even have kids yet but I definently want them to have one when I do. Love those things. They actually have a lot of the ergos (obviously smaller scale) that were asking for now. Great pic.

Thanks. My son loves it. Maybe in 5 years I'll sell it to you.

You may have also noticed the TY sticker on the scoot. I have 2 waiting here at home to put on the Apex as well were the Ohlins stickers used to be on the hood.

Phazernut said:
A pic from this weekend. This is what it's all about

Sweet looking SLEDS, just wait t'ill the young lad ask you for the KEYS to the APEX or wants his or her OWN $$$$ ;):D

What are you doing on a SHORTY, you guys usually get tons of snow like you just got last week I beleive, here in Ottawa we're close to breaking a record snow fall year...

I switched from a shorty to a 136" and I love it...

I have alway's had short track sleds. Just don't really like the look of the long track. I have never been any place here yet where I couldn't get with the short track sled. I really considered the LTX this year but I just couldn't do it. Most of my riding is on relatively flat areas.
He is only 5 yet so I have at least a few more years before he wants something bigger. I had to wait 40 years to get my Apex so I won't give it up easily :yam:

lol i used to ride with my dad and we had an arctic cat 700 wild cat and he would let me drive it while he was on so one day at christmas i got a kitty cat and i asked him if i learned how to drive it myself can i get a a bigger one? and my dad said sure so i took it around the yard once and said "Ok dad i learned how to ride it, can i get a bigger one now?" i was only 4-5 at the time lol.

Back