• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

looking for step by step

Just got mine done today on my 09 RTX SE; my old ones were in brutal shape now that I see them. Had the shop do it b/c I didn't have the time & was skeptical about doing it myself. Just under $100. Good Luck

Just installed the Ulmers Kit this past weekend.

I just pulled the plastics, removed the shocks, disconnected ball joints, and removed a arms. The new bushings are a very very tight fit. If you dont have one, you should look at using a press to install them. Thats what I did and all went well. Dont think I would want to be beating my new bushings with a hammer.

The whole process is quite simple. Remove plastic, remove front suspension, remove old busings, install new bushings.

Saw or press them out. I had to cut the old plastic bushing out with a hacksaw blade. Hopefully I dont need to replace these anytime soon because I'm sure they will be a bear to get out. Pressing them out would even be a chore.

When installing new bushings some threaded rod, washers and nuts can be a decent substitute for an arbor press. Do one bushing at a time and make sure the bushing is aligned with the bore.

I'm more concerned with getting them out as they seem to be really tight. I had my steering knuckles powder coated and some got into the bushing so they need to be replaced. What is the best way to get these bushings out?

I have but the collar sitll feels tight. My skis don't move up and down freely aroung teh ski knuckle. If my sled is up on a lift and I pick up the ski;s they stay up and dont' fall down. Is this ok? I figured bushings are only $5 why not replace them. While they are out I could regrease the collar inside as well.

arteeex said:
When installing new bushings some threaded rod, washers and nuts can be a decent substitute for an arbor press. Do one bushing at a time and make sure the bushing is aligned with the bore.

This is what I did.

I also had the bushings in the freezer for a day before I put them in. Along with that, I put a small amount of grease on the outside to help them slide in.

In the pic, you can see the bolt I used to pull the bushings in. Big bolt with a big nut.

Whatever you do, DO NOT use a hammer on the bushings. Watch my buddy do it, after I told him not to, and it buggered it up enough that the shaft didn't rotate easily.

Attachments

• 2011-09-27 11.54.46.jpg
    2011-09-27 11.54.46.jpg
    500.5 KB · Views: 98

Back