• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Low Idle Afr Nytro

When I turn the key on it shows 14 then drops slowly to around 12 then it goes all the way to 17.9 (which is max on gauge) then ---. And the engine is not running yet. I start the engine and it still reads

I did more testing today, started the engine and unplugged the gauge and plugged it back in with the engine still running and didn't change anything. I also tried powering the gauge directly to the battery (aem told me to try that) and that didn't change anything. Took the sensor out of the exhaust and cleaned it up but that didn't fix it either.. I noticed when I unplugged the sensor from the gauge engine not running it reads 14.7. as soon as I plug the sensor back in the numbers start to drop and goes back to ---.

I did more testing today, started the engine and unplugged the gauge and plugged it back in with the engine still running and didn't change anything. I also tried powering the gauge directly to the battery (aem told me to try that) and that didn't change anything. Took the sensor out of the exhaust and cleaned it up but that didn't fix it either.. I noticed when I unplugged the sensor from the gauge engine not running it reads 14.7. as soon as I plug the sensor back in the numbers start to drop and goes back to ---.
Not sure. Maybe try a new 02 sensor!! Or keep working with AEM.

Ya they seemed to really believe it was a power issue. I will try a new 02 sensor and go from there. Thank you for all the tips! If I figure it out I will post what I found.

If you think it could be a power issue you might want to test your stator. I had all kinds of strange afr readings with a pod 300 gauge on my turboed viper and it turned out to be my stator. There's a video someplace on here how to test it. Let me know if you can't find it, I might be able to find it in my history.

Sounds good! Everything else seems to be working fine but I will check it out

So I installed a new 02 sensor for my AFR gauge and still doing the same thing. DTJ mentioned a video on here on how to test my stater. DTJ I'm looking for that video, if you can find it in your history send it my way please and thank you.

I unplugged my stater from the regulator. I'm reading around 15 volts on one, 16, and 18 on the third. At idle...

Can't remember if this is exactly the video, mine had one coil that was shorted to ground.

Awesome thank you I will try this test on it. I compared my numbers with my 2017 vK professional and they were lower than the VK. But it is charging my battery to 14v so that part of the stater is good. I'm replacing the battery as it's coming up weak on the tester. If my stater passes this test I will see if a new battery fixes it. Thanks for the help and will post results.

Tested both my Viper and VK and both staters read 00.5 on all 3 terminals on 200 OHM setting. And no coils are shorted. Once I get my new battery in will see if that changes anything.

Installed a new battery and still the same.. no snow to do any testing lol!! Will keep you posted and thanks again for all the help.

Back