• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lower A Arm

mcfly

Will a lower A arm from a 2008 Nytro RTX fit on a 2009 Nytro XTX? I destroyed the lower a arm due to the dreaded ball joint and found a used one but I am unsure if it fits. Any knowledge would be appreciated.

The 2008 lower a-arm is longer than the newer ones.

Hmm... How much longer? I just installed a right lower arm from a 2010 on my 2008 40th Anniversary and I didn't see any difference at all other than having to upgrade the ball joints and use the spacers for the ball.

here is the 2008 upper a-arm compared to a 2010. I thought I had the lowers here for comparison but I can't find them right now. The lowers have approximately the same difference in length as the uppers but a good indication that you have a 2008 lower is the single hole for mounting the sway bar link. If there are two holes it's a 09+ arm. I ran into the length issue when I installed a set of Hygear Slycast upper a-arms on 2008 RTX and found that a considerable amount of shims were needed on the ball joint to properly set the camber. The Hygear arms are designed to fit the newer, shorter lower a-arms.

If you're running a mismatched set of arms then the the front alignment would be wrong and handling would be compromised.

upper a-arm: 2010 (top) vs 2008 (bottom)

Back