• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lower Ball Joints

rz918

Extreme
Just checked my lower ball joints and there is a ton of play in them. The spindles move up and down quite a bit. Just wondering how you guys who have changed them managed to get the old ones off and the new ones on. Is there any sort of easy technique to it.

Mine left lower is worn out quite a bit. Yesterday I was going to put on new carbs on the front and figured i would check the ball joints. My right lower ball joint was fine, but my left had approx 1/8" slop. I oiled mine with Primis light viscosity Lube Gel every other ride. I have 1986 miles on the sled. I think This helped quite a bit. Brought it to the dealer yesterday and they said there wasn't any recall on this????? It would be covered under warranty though. Mine ran out in November i believe. They had to order them also. :o| :o| :o| Not sure if they are B.S. ing me on this not being a recall, but I didn't receive any notice in the mail, like when the wifes 07 Phaser did.

Yea he might be right..... Your dealer should take care of you!!! They were BAD before the warranty was up! That is for sure!!!!

Skydog

Technically it's not a 'Recall' but what is called a 90 code. You will not get a letter from Yamaha if it's not a recall, but the repair will be covered under warranty even if the sled is out of warranty. Have your dealer look at TSB S2008-07. It includes all 2008 Nytros and 2007-08 Phazer models. This is from Yamaha US, it may be different in Canada, I do not have that information.

Back