• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mack Studs???

MyOutdoors

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder Ltx Se
Since I had such a horibble time last year with my Red Tip studs and plastic backers, I'm switching brands this year. Has anyone ran Mack studs? I'm also going from 144 to 192 this year in order to get better traction. Let me know. Thanks.

I switched to them a few years ago from the Woodys Gold-diggers I ran in the past. In my opinion MACKs are the best deal going in studs. They are cheap and rugged. If anything - they have worn better than Woodys for me. Rich Motorsports on this site always has good prices for them

I run the Woody’s stainless steel signature series on my sled and have not had any issues with them and they are pretty cheap at the same time. I also use the round aluminum backers :jump:

mack are good studs.i sold a ton with no problems.any questions let me know.

Sounds good richie. Give me a PM on a price for 192 with colored round backers. A friend of mine will be purchasing the same ammount possibly at the same time. Thanks.

studs are $1.20 each.mack colored =75 cents each.in my opinion though colored backers dont last.the anodize wears off unless you ride in perfect snow.reg. ones would be 40 cents each.shipping is $10.let me know if you need them.thanks rich

How is stud boy with warranty?? I've got over half my studs bent and/or broken with ony 1,100 miles?

Sorry for bringing an old thread back to life but I just came from our local grass drag event and had to choose between the Red Tip and Mack studs for my sled with the "finger" track. The Red Tip studs would have been about $60 cheaper but in the end I liked the looks and feel of the Mack Studs better. That and the guy selling the Mack studs was knowledgeable and very helpful and the kid selling the Red Tips was too busy texting.

Since my track has only 2500 miles on it and looks brand new I figured I would try studs before a new track. I got 144 studs, backers & nuts and just need to figure out my pattern next. After reading many reviews, I am glad I went with the Mack Studs. That and they are made right in my home state of New Hampshire. :Rockon:

compromise....get the extremes...Rich motorsports on here sells them priced right...

Good choice

I've only broken one after 3 seasons. All I did was call them and they sent me a free replacement immediately. I think the word must be out about how rugged they are though because I noticed their prices have gone up quite a bit.

RedRocket said:
Sorry for bringing an old thread back to life but I just came from our local grass drag event and had to choose between the Red Tip and Mack studs for my sled with the "finger" track. The Red Tip studs would have been about $60 cheaper but in the end I liked the looks and feel of the Mack Studs better. That and the guy selling the Mack studs was knowledgeable and very helpful and the kid selling the Red Tips was too busy texting.

Since my track has only 2500 miles on it and looks brand new I figured I would try studs before a new track. I got 144 studs, backers & nuts and just need to figure out my pattern next. After reading many reviews, I am glad I went with the Mack Studs. That and they are made right in my home state of New Hampshire. :Rockon:

Back