• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Max RPM on Phazer FX -07

mushkin

Extreme
Hey,

A friend of mine just bought a 2007 Phazer FX. The previous owner said that the clutch engagement rpm is a little bit higher than stock. First owner had changed the spring aparently. (My friend is 3 owner).

Now it engages somewhere around 4500 rpm... Perhaps it's just change back to a stock spring?

Final question, how much RPM should I see on this machine?
Just tried it in some powder and it did 12000 rpm easy. Is that too much? Perhaps something more than just a spring is changed if theyre not supposed to have so much rpm on WOT.

/Bjorn

both numbers are about right. the motor has a gear reduction so the clutch is realy only spinng like 2800 at engament and 8500 at WOT. i forget the exsact number and ratio. it has a rev limiter so aslong as its not hitting that it should be fine.

Okay, so no worry about "shoot" the engine because it runs with so "high" rpm as 12000-12200 then?

Just talked to the first owner on the phone, and he said that he did put some shims into the primary sheave, and that he also turned the helix a bit (Is it called helix in eng? :p)

Thanks

11,100-11,500rpm is ideal with lower being better on gas and higher better top speed.This is where the power is and to run it higher just puts more wear on motor and sucks gas.100rpm does make a difference.I would ask who provided kit and consider a Ulmer kit unless it is one already but modified.

Back