• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Maximum track lug and stud height on Apex LTX?

What is the tallest lug height with/without studs and with/without tunnel protectors? I prefer to run studs. Not a fan of the ice Ripper or Attacks
I'm considering a 1.5 Intense or 1.6 Cobra. 70/30 on/off trail

I run a 1.5" Intense on mine and it's awesome! I removed my tunnel protectors. Great track all the way around.

same here removed protectors installed 1.5 intense, love it best all around track imo

1.75 back country here. awesome hook up but does scrub some top end. 10lbs of boost makes up for it though!

same here removed protectors installed 1.5 intense, love it best all around track imo

Curious how you guys like the intense track. how to the little fingers hold up and do the lugs tear? wonder if they are like the ripsaw fingers that rip off? I like the 1.75 back country because the paddles are super thick and beefy, but even they will tear slightly about 1/4" from the end.

had this on my pex for 4 years , hard years! its like new no torn lugs, not like rip saw , those stock ripsaws r junk imo, i also had these tracks on my shorty vipers back in day with zero problems, i would recommend this track to anybody, seriously try er out!!

I've got a 1.5 cross over on my apex and a 1.75 backcountry on my vector. If you were doing 50/50 or even 60/40 trail/powder I'd say the backcountry hands down is the one to go with.
70/30 I'd go 1.5. I was debating putting the ice cobra on my apex but I'm glad I didn't. It's very close up at your front cooler if your running stock drivers. You'd have to pull the protectors to run the 1.6 and I'd be mighty nervous. In theory they would never hit but I ride a 100 miles from the nearest road and couldn't risk it.

I just put a 1.5 intense on my apex this year... no studs and left the protectors on the tunnel. The track is perfect for the conditions I run in most which is off trail some and mostly loose snow . The thing hooks up great and and in my case picked up some top end due to the fact I am no longer running studs (9 lbs less rotating weight). I just have to remember I no longer have studs.... I have been running them for many years. Felt this once or twice on icy down hill and slick corners but common sense will kept you out of trouble. Love this track ... highly recommend it! I was looking at the cobra also and talked to a few guys that have run them as well as the Intense and they said the intense was much more durable ....Hope this helps .

Ok, so I'm sold on the 1.5" Intense. But how about this? Is there a ice ripper/attack Intense? And if so can I leave the heat exchanger protectors in?

If not I guess it's switch to 8 tooth drivers. And changer gearing and chain. Then at Intense with new stud boy pro lites and 1.650 studs

There isn't one I know of. You'd have to do the full swap.

Back