• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MBRP Exhaust Install

onlyblue

Lifetime Member
This was a very easy install, especially after putting the excell system on the phazer on saturday.... Very straight forward, total time approximately 25 minutes. Sounds great....

Step 1: remove seat/side plastics

Attachments

• mbrp 002a.jpg
    mbrp 002a.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 294

Step 2: Remove muffler.... two bolts, and loosen clamp up front, take out remaining allens in the back.

Attachments

• mbrp 003a.jpg
    mbrp 003a.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 264
  • mbrp 004a.jpg
    mbrp 004a.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 261
Step 3: after removing stock exhaust, re-use exhaust gasket and clamp, one of the two mounting bolts up front, and line up allens in the back.... very easy....

Attachments

• mbrp 005a.jpg
    mbrp 005a.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 375
Then reinstall one of the bolts, the rear allen screws, and tighten the clamp..... all done through the nice holes in the tunnel, reinstall the plastic plugs then on to the next step....

Attachments

• mbrp 006a.jpg
    mbrp 006a.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 336
final step, put the seat, side plastics, and stock exhaust cover on.... and your done.... looks stock, sounds awesome!!!!!

Attachments

• mbrp 007a.jpg
    mbrp 007a.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 323
Nice step by step! The doo-doo jacket should have been taken off, but other than that................. :pics:

Total cost at NOVI snow show was 230 bucks!!

The exhuast donut was kind of a pain, but with patience and a small flathead, it wasnt that bad....

The doo doo jacket was a buddy of mine, who now rides A/C, but says there isnt a better built sled then my yamis!!!!

I dont have any dyno numbers, the guys from MBRP claimed 2-5 hp......

weight, at least 8 lbs.....

I took sound bytes, but somebody tell me how to post them.....

I had one on my Nytro MTX last winter for a ride and it's louder but not obnoxious at all. Definitely no power loss, seemed like it added a few rpm's but it also added a hesitation when pinning the throttle so I sold it.

Just picked up a total undertail exhaust by a guy at E&S motorsports in fort saskatewan(something like that!!) ,,alberta, canada, You just need to give him your old header pipe and the adapter off your muffler, and he supplies you with a whole new exhaust and a predrilled piece off aluminum sheet to close of the top off your tunnel, i heard it on a sled already,,sounds awesome,,but i like it a barking!!,Then install a mountain mod seat,,looks great,, or make a bracket for your stock one :bling :bling

Back