• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MBRP trail can dyno

drumz11

Expert
I know a dyno sheet was posted for the MBRP trail can at one point, but the quality was so low that I couldn't read it. Anyone have a readable copy you can post?

Here. Courtesy of 1stopspeed.

dynosheetviper_zps11a6a591.jpg~original

I know. Are our tachs off? I have had mine clutched to 8700 and compared to 89-9000 it sure felt doggy. Nos pros strip times also prove 9000 to be faster.

Here. Courtesy of 1stopspeed.

dynosheetviper_zps11a6a591.jpg~original

Does anyone else find it somewhat pathetic that apparently a stock viper only makes 121 hp stock? Where did this number come from..pull it out of the crate, dyno it 1 time and that's the stock hp? Granted it was a different dyno than this but mine made 136.7hp bone stock with 80 miles on it. I have a hard time believing that 2 different dynos can be off 15hp. What these companies need to do is take a sled with 100 miles on it, dyno it stock, throw the can on and dyno it right away again. Dynoing a sled right out of the box and calling that the base hp number isn't right. Not saying this can is that way..for all I know, every performance company out there is doing this..we all know these sleds take some miles before they loosen up. I've seen 2 stock 1049 procross sleds dynoed. Both did 127hp on first run..by the fourth-fifth run they were already up to 134hp..simply by just getting the engine broke in. A lot of false hopes out there with these cans. Yes they work, not going to argue that, but when people go to dyno them I have a feeling they may be in for disappointment

Don't worry so much about the top number just look at the difference. Looks to be 7 hp. Dyno numbers are always best compared on same Dyno.

Yes I agree the difference is the main thing..but there is no way of knowing if the original dyno number was taken before or after the engine gets broke in..my personal experience shows that from out of the crate to the engine being broke in is an easy 6+hp gain..that's kinda the point I'm getting at.

Does anyone else find it somewhat pathetic that apparently a stock viper only makes 121 hp stock? Where did this number come from..pull it out of the crate, dyno it 1 time and that's the stock hp? Granted it was a different dyno than this but mine made 136.7hp bone stock with 80 miles on it. I have a hard time believing that 2 different dynos can be off 15hp. What these companies need to do is take a sled with 100 miles on it, dyno it stock, throw the can on and dyno it right away again. Dynoing a sled right out of the box and calling that the base hp number isn't right. Not saying this can is that way..for all I know, every performance company out there is doing this..we all know these sleds take some miles before they loosen up. I've seen 2 stock 1049 procross sleds dynoed. Both did 127hp on first run..by the fourth-fifth run they were already up to 134hp..simply by just getting the engine broke in. A lot of false hopes out there with these cans. Yes they work, not going to argue that, but when people go to dyno them I have a feeling they may be in for disappointment

TRACK dynos are notoriously inaccurate because you are going through the clutch and belt, and we ALL know Yamaha Viper clutch issues(studroes you run a kit so I see why your dyno numbers look like factory claimed). You can fudge track dyno numbers by changing clutch setup, but the MBRP can is for real. I waited until NOS PRO proved it worked before I bought one as I do not trust track dyno numbers. Just for the record though I totally agree with MBRP dyno claims.

And yeah, no surprise to me that a stock Viper dynos around the power of a 600cc 2 stroke. I proved to my dealer the day I bought my blue one. They assembled it and I had him ride it and I rode it. Then I put a 3mm shim under the primary clutch spring and out an 8dn belt on (8dn not for performance but reliabiblity) and NOTHING ELSE. He got on it hit the flipper and ALMOST FELL OFF! In my mind I went from 120hp to 136hp that day and the owner of Coyote Motorsports in Denver agrees. Can't argue with proof (well some here can....)

My suggestion? Get the MBRP can and fix your clutch (fix thread is on here) or buy a clutch kit and ROCK!!

The charts aren't track dynos..if so we'd be looking at 75ish hp..my complaint/concern isn't that of any clutch issue..it's the fact that prolly most if not all of the performance exhaust companies out there I believe are basing their gains of the out of the crate hp..as a stated above..I've seen sleds get run 5-6 times on a dyno and from the out of the crate run to the last run they gain 6+hp simply by being broke in. In reality the hp gain doesn't mean much since the most gains are shown around like 7500 rpm. This sled needs to spin 9k to perform, that's the hp number I'd be looking for.

The charts aren't track dynos..if so we'd be looking at 75ish hp..my complaint/concern isn't that of any clutch issue..it's the fact that prolly most if not all of the performance exhaust companies out there I believe are basing their gains of the out of the crate hp..as a stated above..I've seen sleds get run 5-6 times on a dyno and from the out of the crate run to the last run they gain 6+hp simply by being broke in. In reality the hp gain doesn't mean much since the most gains are shown around like 7500 rpm. This sled needs to spin 9k to perform, that's the hp number I'd be looking for.

It says "Correction method=standard" Is that a track dyno?

Also, track dyno carrying all that weight instead of crank dyno can have some odd effects as far as numbers. I.E. chart above shows power dropping off at 8500 and we all know that not to be true in real riding.

But I think we are saying the same thing....real riding is not always same as the dyno

When mine was dynoed it peaked at 8600..when clutched at 8600 it was a turd, so there is def more to it than peak hp, just saying that a hp gain at 7500 rpm irrelevant..peak hp gain is where it matters

Back