• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MBRP trail can dyno

The ones with the dark end caps missed a gusset and cracked. Mine was replaced under warranty and is for sale in the Classifieds. Nothing wrong with it, just contemplating turbo.

Have you had to re-clutch your sleds or are you running all stock currently?

Have you had to re-clutch your sleds or are you running all stock currently?

I had this can on for most of the 2014 winter season and liked it a lot. It was the older version everyone is talking about and was a couple decibels louder than stock. There are a lot of posts with that can and I had a lot of videos posted from trail, idling in the garage, to racing at the track. Look up on youtube also, there should be 5 or 6 videos showing stock vs. can under my video selection Terry Burmeister or NOS-PRO

Yes, I had to re-clutch

Does anyone else find it somewhat pathetic that apparently a stock viper only makes 121 hp stock? Where did this number come from..pull it out of the crate, dyno it 1 time and that's the stock hp? Granted it was a different dyno than this but mine made 136.7hp bone stock with 80 miles on it. I have a hard time believing that 2 different dynos can be off 15hp. What these companies need to do is take a sled with 100 miles on it, dyno it stock, throw the can on and dyno it right away again. Dynoing a sled right out of the box and calling that the base hp number isn't right. Not saying this can is that way..for all I know, every performance company out there is doing this..we all know these sleds take some miles before they loosen up. I've seen 2 stock 1049 procross sleds dynoed. Both did 127hp on first run..by the fourth-fifth run they were already up to 134hp..simply by just getting the engine broke in. A lot of false hopes out there with these cans. Yes they work, not going to argue that, but when people go to dyno them I have a feeling they may be in for disappointment

Ok so I have a brand new 2017 Viper, with a 137 track. I rode it 1 time last year and put about 250 miles on it. Dropped it off to my dealer because the suspension was not at all set up correctly for my size. 6ft 2inch 265#
I also had them had the big spring kit, 4th wheel kit, reflash the ecu, stud it. And change all the fluids....that said all my buddies ride 800cc 2 strokes and I cant run with them on top end.Is there some upgrades I can do or have done so that I can run next or spank them without losing my trail reliability ??
Id like to add a MBRP trail can but the dealer told me they would need to reweight the cluth to do so?
Ive heard alot of people rave about them cans but nobody's mentioned doin clutch work after the install???please advise.

Your sled will loosen up after 800 miles and get slightly faster but you would have to dump a few grand or a turbo to keep up to 800’s on the top end. I have a excell intake, EVO 2.5 flash, big venom clutch kit, can and that gives me 3 mph faster than stock. Save your money for a future bigger hammer.

Ok so I have a brand new 2017 Viper, with a 137 track. I rode it 1 time last year and put about 250 miles on it. Dropped it off to my dealer because the suspension was not at all set up correctly for my size. 6ft 2inch 265#
I also had them had the big spring kit, 4th wheel kit, reflash the ecu, stud it. And change all the fluids....that said all my buddies ride 800cc 2 strokes and I cant run with them on top end.Is there some upgrades I can do or have done so that I can run next or spank them without losing my trail reliability ??
Id like to add a MBRP trail can but the dealer told me they would need to reweight the cluth to do so?
Ive heard alot of people rave about them cans but nobody's mentioned doin clutch work after the install???please advise.
The Sr Viper is not considered an 800 class sled. If you want to keep up with the 800s or lead them you will need a turbo with gears and clutch work. I would mention a Sidewinder but that would be a moot point, your current sled is almost new with only 250 miles.
I went with a turbo, gears and clutch work with a full suspension on my 14 RT-X right after break-in, years before the Winder was mentioned and love the sled.

Back