• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Modular 2 helmet cold

WINDER1987

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Hey guys does anyone else have problems with there ski doo modular 2 helmet being cold and alot of air getting through. Also have fogging issues from time to time ecspecially when using the sun shield

Sun shield yes but only after bringing it out of a warm environment. Mine is not cold at all. Look for gaps between the visor foam and the helmet shell. Get some very thin foam (or cut thin strips) to better seal off any open gaps.

Love my Mod 2 and Mod 3!

Ever since I added this peice hooked to the breath guard no more foging issues at all goes up tight to ur eyes and goes down ur neck and seals the air from coming around the face mask
20150227_201548.jpg

What are the changes between the modular 2 And3?

Mainly contour lines and some other minor tweaks. Heated shields are the same on both the 2 and 3.

Never leaks in my mod 2 most times keep vent open as my head gets soaking wet hot! Have not used extra mask but will need to try it to block neck from wind.

I have two Mod 2's, one about 4 years old, one brand new. Both leak air, sometimes worse than other times. All sun shields in the Mod 2s fog - don't even try using it. The regular shield rarely fogs at all though - rarely had a need for the electric shield regardless of temps or weather.

All sun shields in the Mod 2s fog - don't even try using it.

Mine will fog a bit after the helmets been inside for a while. After it's cooled off, never an issue.

My Mod 2 sun shield will fog a little, but otherwise its been a warm helmet for me. If its leaking around the shield you can get a replacement/updated seal kit from Doo (if I remember right)

Back