• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Modular 2 helmet help

WINDER1987

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Hi guys I originally had the original modular helmet In ski doo yellow when I had my doo when I get my nytro I tried the bv2s with not much luck it kept fogging up sold it and tried the modular 2 in black and I still have issues of fogging does anyone have this helmet? How do I get it to not fog up en riding?

RDAY, I don't hear problems with fogging up with the mod 2 hardly at all. I know a lot of people who have that helmet (the wife and I as well). Are you using the fighter pilot mask that came with it? 2nd...are you using the filters in the mask? 3rd...if you are using the filters...are you replacing old wet filters with new dry ones? The actual filter or something has to be in the fighter pilot mask. I don't use filters anymore...instead what I do is I take a paper towel and roll it up. Stick the rolled up paper towel and put it in the bottom of the mask...just cut down/tear the paper towel so it isn't too long and covers up your air vents. Make sure the mask fits snug on your face. Make sure the mask has a seal around your nose and there isn't a gap. A balaclava is also good to wear over your nose/mouth area. Buy some anti-fog spray and cloth and put it on the shield...I treat the shield at the beginning of each season. I always keep the chin vent open and the vent on the back of the helmet open also. Also, if it is really cold out and you are experiencing some fogging or to prevent any fogging...at each stop or road crossing...just pop open your shield to let some air in. Once you are moving for a bit close it up/seal it again. I have been using this mod 2 for 5+ yrs now and never have I had it fog up on me...but I do about everything I stated above.

I do pretty much what MCApex does. I leave the rear vent open and make sure the straps on the fighter pilot mask are tight. I also wear a balaclava and always put it over my mouth not just covering up your chin.

Another this is to put Blistick/lip chap stuff on one of the snaps for the mask and only undue this side when stopped. This makes unsnapping and snapping the mask back on a lot easier.

Mine never fogs either and I do not put the balaclava between my face and mask

I have not tried the anti fog stuff . I have tried covering mouth with balaclava and not same result I will try the towel trick and I never even thought to lift the sun shield up to see if that what was fogging up and not the actual shield is that what the warranty is for?

Sometimes the tubes do not properly seal against the "exhaust ports" on the helmet. On my Mod 2 I use one hand to pinch both tubes inwards as I'm lowering the face shield. Once the tubes start to catch on the helmet I pull my hand away and finish lowering the shield.

When I got my Mod 2 helmet 6 yrs ago I bought a heated shield right away. Kinda wasted my money on the heated shield cuz I NEVER fog up.....in any temp. The heated shield helps in melting off snow and ice.

BTW - my sun shield WILL fog on occasion....annoying but it's never been a deal breaker.

Does it fog when riding or right after you stop...anytime I stop more then just a sign..I.e. cars comming or waiting I crack mine open..or it will fog when I take off...but yes that anti fog helps too.

Add my 2 cents, if riding in really cold weather, make sure to keep the seal around your face as dry as possible. I got nasty frost bite a couple of times from the wet rubber/ skin contact with the BRP modular helmet.

Back