• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mountain a-arms on a GT ?

Jona$

Master
Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Tapex/sks 800 -16
I wanna make my Gt more narrow on the ski stance and saw that on the Gt is almost 43" and on the Mountain its down to 38"

Will my Gyt shocks still fit, and only thing else that needs to be cut or parted out is the tie rods?

Im also curious on cutting my stock a-arms 2.36" each side to total 4.72.
But not sure how to.

it works
IMjjG_1_zps608748a1.jpg

Do you have any pictures showing where you cut and re-worked your arms, or did you replace them with mountain specific arms?

replaced with mountain, ebays full of them.

They will bolt right on, but they are very, very narrow for anything but boondocking and sidehilling. Forget the trails.

It'll take more than just the a arms -- you'll need shorter shocks, shorter
Steering rods, can just remove the sway bar, then you should be good.

Nope you dont, i run the gytr shocks, works fine, all you need is to shim the balljoint. and yes removing swaybar helps out, If you are a true flatlander dont, if you like to go offtrail go for it, i Love it :)

Do you have any pictures showing where you cut and re-worked your arms, or did you replace them with mountain specific arms?
Don't recommend doing this. Just find new/ used shocks, a arms and steering rods on eBay or from someone parting an MTX out. Cutting/ welding major suspension components this way is a recipe for ending up crashed into a tree, or worse.

Back