• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mountaintech 43+2 report

RobWarrior

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 FX NYTRO RTX
Did my first 150 miles on the front end today, one word....AWESOME! Everything was better and I'd say steering effort was unchanged.

I too just had my first ride on the 43+2 trails arms and they far exceeded my expectations. I also installed the OFT steering relocator and was amazed at how much better the Nytro handled. No ski lift and so much less effort cornering. Super happy with the results and plan to keep the Nytro for a long time now.

I too just had my first ride on the 43+2 trails arms and they far exceeded my expectations. I also installed the OFT steering relocator and was amazed at how much better the Nytro handled. No ski lift and so much less effort cornering. Super happy with the results and plan to keep the Nytro for a long time now.
Where are you at in Mass? I rode Woodford VT today...put that front end through pretty much everything it will see today, it was flawless.

Where are you at in Mass? I rode Woodford VT today...put that front end through pretty much everything it will see today, it was flawless.
I live in Mass but I ride and garage my sled in Pittsburg NH. Cold as hell this weekend but we'll worth it.

Did my first 150 miles on the front end today, one word....AWESOME! Everything was better and I'd say steering effort was unchanged.

RobWarrior: I had the same feeling after my first ride; I finally changed my center spring for a stiffer one. The upgrade decrease the steering effort. I have no idea of your weight and suspension set up; but It works for me (front spring loose).

RobWarrior: I had the same feeling after my first ride; I finally changed my center spring for a stiffer one. The upgrade decrease the steering effort. I have no idea of your weight and suspension set up; but It works for me (front spring loose).
I have the Hygear dual rate, loose then tighten so not to rattle.

you should decrease caster, you'll reduce the steering effort

I love my 43+2 a-arms. Hoping to get a set for our second nytro when we get back from our sled trip next week. One of the best upgrades in my opinion. Gives them modern handling...

What is yours set at? I wasn't complaining about hard steering just that it seemed unchanged.

-1 of camber
23 deg of caster
1/4 inch toe out

Thanks for the feedback guys! Most people hold off for years before upgrading the Nytro's front end, but it is always worth it. Mountaintech is the world's leader in Nytro A Arm kits and is able to offer features no one else does. Superior durability, independent adjustability, and great pricing.

What kind of weight savings are there. Would like to get one in the summer for next year. Spent too much for this season's upgrades.

I don't know if there is any weight savings. I have done lots of upgrades to my sled and would say the 43+2 arms are worth more to me than the rest combined.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Most people hold off for years before upgrading the Nytro's front end, but it is always worth it. Mountaintech is the world's leader in Nytro A Arm kits and is able to offer features no one else does. Superior durability, independent adjustability, and great pricing.
I thinking about the 43 + 2 for next year! I have already have the star relocate that made my 2010 RTX SE into a 128 from a 121. I truly believe that helped keep the front end flatter going in and out of corners! Would the 43+2 give me that much more of a difference to make it worth it? I am running the new C&A XPT trail performance ski's.

What kind of weight savings are there. Would like to get one in the summer for next year. Spent too much for this season's upgrades.

There may be a slight weight saving, but I chose specifically not to use thin wall cromoly tubing. Thicker wall mild steel tubing is far more reliable and durable. I can count one one hand the number of replacement single arms I have sold over all the years I have been building these.

Back