• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mountaintech 43+2 report

I'll order one in the spring or summer. Is there any deals ever?

There will be a slight price increase this spring. Prices have never changed in 7 years but everything keeps getting more expensive. They will still be the best priced kits on the planet!

I have been reading and learning for a year now. Next upgrade for my 2008 is this front end.

Been reading a lot about bumb steer on this site. Do your A Arms reduce that? Not one of the conversations addressed getting rid of that. I have a 2008 and did some mods but I am thinking your A Arms are next. Any thoughts on bump steer?

Been reading a lot about bumb steer on this site. Do your A Arms reduce that? Not one of the conversations addressed getting rid of that. I have a 2008 and did some mods but I am thinking your A Arms are next. Any thoughts on bump steer?
I would say the kit eliminates bump steer, I ran 100 mile of whooped up corners a couple weeks ago, before the kit I would have gone home...I just stood up through the corners and it stayed perfectly flat. I even had a guy riding with me on a Polaris say "wow you have that thing dialed in, I couldn't get through those corners even close to you" never heard a quote like that before! I would have been afraid to stand through those corners before..

I thinking about the 43 + 2 for next year! I have already have the star relocate that made my 2010 RTX SE into a 128 from a 121. I truly believe that helped keep the front end flatter going in and out of corners! Would the 43+2 give me that much more of a difference to make it worth it? I am running the new C&A XPT trail performance ski's.
Mountain Tech, Would I gain much?

Well it will probably be this spring! Got to talk the boss into it! Hmmm......the ball joints are getting a little loose on the old A arms dear and for just a few bucks more I can get new ones along with an awesome front end to make it handle better! How does that sound? Do you think she will take the bait? LOL

Last edited:
Is black the only color you do them in?

I have an 08 RTX that I'm thinking of adding this front end to. I put a grizz gusset kit in the front sub-frame so it is rock solid. This weekend I was crossing a metal deck bridge at under 10 mph. I caught a skag and put a 90 degree bend in it. I pulled it off to ride home and noticed I had sheared the rear blot also on my lower A-arm. How much easier is it going to be to shear lower arm bolts with the wider arms and more leverage on the bolts? This is the second time I broke a lower A-arm bolt.

I have an 08 RTX that I'm thinking of adding this front end to. I put a grizz gusset kit in the front sub-frame so it is rock solid. This weekend I was crossing a metal deck bridge at under 10 mph. I caught a skag and put a 90 degree bend in it. I pulled it off to ride home and noticed I had sheared the rear blot also on my lower A-arm. How much easier is it going to be to shear lower arm bolts with the wider arms and more leverage on the bolts? This is the second time I broke a lower A-arm bolt.

I think you front end is close to 43" wide. To shear the bolts you're talking about is rare. Were they the OEM bolts?

Just did another 400 miles on the kit and loving every minute, I'm finding zero twitchy ski lift and flat out great handling...not only does this transform the machine it also make it a much safer sled, gone is the wake up call you used to get if you get lazy in a corner. I can't say it's the best mod I've done only because I feel the others were also needed but it's a tie at the top! Awesome must do mod!

Back