• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mounting LED light bar

wshellrider

Extreme
Windering if anyone has mounted an LED light bar on a nytro? I have a 6" rigid e series I'm not using and would like to mount it but am not sure how/where to mount it.

c2867965c73dfa65a8b64acb63c37e37.jpg

2x 7" 30w fload beam

Last edited:
Does that flood light actually help while riding? does it draw a ton from the battery/stator?

yes they help ! the flood lens project light close to 180 degree in front of the sled i can see wider and further then with only the stock spot beam head light it come in really helpful to see wild life at night each led bar draw 2 amp and output 30watt compare to conventionnal bulb they are really efficient! they wont create any significant load on the charging system due to the presence of a battery the system aint only relying on the stator output

Last edited:
Where did you purchase that light bar??

I have been considering doing this same thing with 1 light to help hold wheelies and hard throttle at night, seems the light wants to go just too far up from the headlights and i cant see the trails/little whoops.

I have been considering doing this same thing with 1 light to help hold wheelies and hard throttle at night, seems the light wants to go just too far up from the headlights and i cant see the trails/little whoops.
i have one pointing up and the other one down for this reason

I would not mount the light that low. On the Phazer I had I made a bracket for the LED light high on the steering post. That was great. The higher up, the better!

I would not mount the light that low. On the Phazer I had I made a bracket for the LED light high on the steering post. That was great. The higher up, the better!
i tougt about this option but the steering bar is not a suited location on the nytro the bar sit too low and the windshield is in the way and i wont be able to see the gauge

Last edited:
i tought about but the steering bar is not suited location on the nytro the bar sit too low the windshield in the way and wont be able to see the cluster
Then I should make something that attach above the headlight. Something that you can attach to the fastening of the windshield. Some sort of bracket behind it to make it more rigid.

Then I should make something that attach above the headlight. Something that you can attach to the fastening of the windshield. Some sort of bracket behind it to make it more rigid.
the headlight frame is made out of plastic and held in place by plastic fastner it wont hold very well under stress and cutting my pannel wasnt a option for me lol

Back