• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mouse nest exahust

pup55

Extreme
Have a 2007 Apex and I think i might have a mouse nest in muffler. Any idea's on how to get out? I started up and blew out a lot of the nest but i think i still have something in there. i started today and backfired just a tad and slight hesitation.
Thanks
Steve

pup55 said:
Have a 2007 Apex and I think i might have a mouse nest in muffler. Any idea's on how to get out? I started up and blew out a lot of the nest but i think i still have something in there. i started today and backfired just a tad and slight hesitation.
Thanks
Steve

Be sure to use a bit of steel wool in your tail pipes next year, it works as do moth balls spread out in various locations on the sled.

Irv said:
pup55 said:
Thanks
Steve

Be sure to use a bit of steel wool in your tail pipes next year, it works as do moth balls spread out in various locations on the sled.

I actually use exhaust plugs

Should of done nothing, just cut open and didn't find anything. Think I should cut out baffles while I have open for better sound?

pup55 said:
Should of done nothing, just cut open and didn't find anything. Think I should cut out baffles while I have open for better sound?

IMHO gutting exhaust gives a deeper, throatier sound, and is better. It is not louder. Also gets rid of the midrange droaning the Apex makes. Up to you, but I like it better.

sleddog66 said:
Irv said:
pup55 said:
Thanks
Steve

I actually use exhaust plugs
I use exhaust plugs also! They are super cheap!

Super Sled i went and cut out the 2 baffle pipes while I had muffler apart. Thanks for the info and can't wait to hear it. I should have it welded up this week. Did your welder have any issue's with the 2 layers of steel when he welded? I also added 2 stainless steel screws into the mesh you talked about just so it does not loosen up over time.

Attachments

• 064 (480x640).jpg
    064 (480x640).jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 163
  • 065 (480x640).jpg
    065 (480x640).jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 188

Back