• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI Supercharger failures

FLYBYU

VIP Member
This thread is not intended to bash any dealers or suppliers!!!!!!

W
ith all the failures lately just trying to figure When they were purchased and Where they were purchased. Maybe this will maybe give Matt some ammunition to go back to Rotrex with.

I'll start
Purchased in May from dealer in Colorado. 252 miles and seized.

No failures but nervous. Really hope you guys get taken care of. I installed my kit myself per provided instructions no additional "tweaks". I purchased new in the box from Yamaha dealer in WI, March 2014. I estimate 700 miles on it now and loving it.

Purchased March 2014
Little over 200 miles.
MPI is pretty shi*ty about following up and answering calls! Matt always seems to be "out to lunch". I've never met him but I'm guessing he's a big boy! Not a happy customer!

Reactions: RED
Has anyone been able to get their issue covered under warranty? I am past the warranty period but only had around 1200 miles when mine died.

Purchased March 2014
Little over 200 miles.
MPI is pretty shi*ty about following up and answering calls! Matt always seems to be "out to lunch". I've never met him but I'm guessing he's a big boy! Not a happy customer!
6'2" 180lbs so not that big? Did you leave a message and number? I try to call everyone back, even if that's means working 12-14 hour days. Send me a PM or email.

I am curious as to what the percentage of failure rate is? 2%, 20% ? Also if the priming procedure on the rotrex site is followed do they still fail?

I don't think that the failure rate is that high (even though mine failed). I think that the issue is with people getting them repaired/replaced under warranty. I have asked this question on 2 different posts but have not had anyone say that theirs was replaced under warranty.

Friend who bought my 06 Apex bought a used kit & we installed it.
Blower shaft broke & was replaced under Warranty. MPI was as great as they could be..
Took months though for Rotrex to approve.

5 months ish old.

Less than 1500 miles. [500 by first owner, 1,000 by second owner]

6 months to get a warranty replacement as Rotrex had to see it.

was thinking of buying a kit for my nytro this summer now, i'm kinda re-thinking that idea......can you make your own shaft? what's the one that keeps breaking made out of?

I don't think you can make anything for the blowers. Some people say they are rebuildable and others say they are not???? I might try to pull mine apart and see how it looks. Have nothing to loose since it is now an expensive paper weight. I would sugest to go the turbo route, at least that that's the way I am going. I have lost enough money and riding time from this supercharger setup.

Please give matt@mpi all the info you can on failures.
He will have a better case With Rotrex With the info from his customers.

Back