• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mpi viper problems

Jaycanfield

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Viper ltx
In New Hampshire wondering if anyone has any recommendations on someone to work on my seld. It’s a 2014 viper lxt with mpi kit on it. Think motor is smoked.

what makes you think that?

Puked all the oil out first and only time I road it. Guy I bought it from just had it serviced. Got busy last year though I found oil leak. Got it all back together took for a ride oil light is flashing and doesn’t sound good.

All the oil, or just some of it. These motors are pretty stout and turbo wont really change that. They do spit out out of the breather box if the valve freezes. More details would be helpful.

All the oil, or just some of it. These motors are pretty stout and turbo wont really change that. They do spit out out of the breather box if the valve freezes. More details would be helpful.
Enough oil that it shut down. Took it all apart last year . Thought I found leak on oil hose. Tried taking it out the other day and oil light was flashing. Service that was done was flushed antifreeze and oil change. After a ran it for a few minute shut it off. Turned over hard let it cool off it started and drive it staright I trailer.

you have any oil in the sight glass? I had mine do that when it filled the air box with oil. The valve froze and it pressurized the air box. Someone with more knowledge than mine will hopefully chime in and help you out. If you cant see a big hole in the motor, then I doubt its blown. You started it and drove it on the trailer so that is a huge positive thing.

you have any oil in the sight glass? I had mine do that when it filled the air box with oil. The valve froze and it pressurized the air box. Someone with more knowledge than mine will hopefully chime in and help you out. If you cant see a big hole in the motor, then I doubt its blown. You started it and drove it on the trailer so that is a huge positive thing.
It’s not blown up but doesn’t sound good. Bottom end noise found someone that’s going fix it. Going to rods head gasket shim. ARP head studs.

There is no issue with 14 rods. It was 16 and newer that had issues. If you do the shim and studs though, you can put on a much bigger turbo.

Don't do the head shim it lowers the compression and you lose low end torque. my 15 has been running great for 4 years with ARP studs oversized injectors and a 4th in the intercooler run by a 2nd gems controller and a flash that pulled a bit of timing. i run on 92 octane at 7.5 lbs 225 hp and flip the switch to 10.5 lbs of boost add 50% race gas 265 hp and baby hold on. That sled has won 5 sanctioned events beating some nasty cats and many flashed sidewinders.

My 14 is same set up but with carillo rods and massive Arctic Cat turbo blowing 20#'s of boost and dyno-ed at just under 400 hp. No Shims

Don't do the head shim it lowers the compression and you lose low end torque. my 15 has been running great for 4 years with ARP studs oversized injectors and a 4th in the intercooler run by a 2nd gems controller and a flash that pulled a bit of timing. i run on 92 octane at 7.5 lbs 225 hp and flip the switch to 10.5 lbs of boost add 50% race gas 265 hp and baby hold on. That sled has won 5 sanctioned events beating some nasty cats and many flashed sidewinders.

My 14 is same set up but with carillo rods and massive Arctic Cat turbo blowing 20#'s of boost and dyno-ed at just under 400 hp. No Shims
Thanks. Found a guy in mass I’m bringing it to. He’s going build motor and set it up on dyno.

Back