• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MSD Launch Master WOW

hlmrx1 said:
So how much is that thing? Sounds like that would work great.

Try Sledwerx racing here in Canada. He is an MSD distributor. I got all my MSD pieces from him for my supercharged Mustang!
This will also save you any border hassles!

:Rockon:

edit...just looked on the site...they claim to have them in stock for $229 CDN!!!

;)!

g'day all, new guy here. been reading this topic and find it interesting. Being that I'm a "new" '03 RX-1 owner, with the sled being converted to asphalt, I found this a good read. I found this on the msd tech page, it was posted by a '03 RX-1 owner asking if he could somehow hook the launcher up to his sled. this is the reply :

Part number 4350 is the launch controller that will work on individual coil per cylinder. I am concerned with the connection at the coils though. I know that the connectors on some watercraft are not the same as what are on the same make of motorcycle. One example is on the Kawasaki Ultra 250 jet ski. The 4350 will connect directly to the zx14 and zx10 so you would think that it would also fit the ultra 250 but this is not the case. You mentioned though that you may be willing to hard wire it in and not use our connectors at all.....this is possible once you have identified you stock wiring. You can call my direct line if you have any questions- it is 915-856-2726. Thanks again, Bret-MSD Powersports Tech

Do you guys think this will work? Chances are, I'll probably call this guy Bret at some point, but thought I would post this to get some input from you guys.

Dave

Welcome to the site, thanks for sharing :)

That was my post on the MSD form.

I called Brent and I am quite confident that it will not work on the RX-1 after talking with him.

It is based on the type of ignition and the type of cap on coils. He said it would work if the ignition system had +12 volts on either of the two wires on the cap on coils. My RX-1 did not have +12 volts at the coils. If someone finds out different then let me know ASAP.

Later,

RX1DERFULL

Hello all.

Got my msd launch master with 4cyl harness,
Anyone tried this on a nytro yet?
Is it possible to change the wiering to fit the tree holer?

Thanks

I forgot to ask.. how long does it take to build boost?.. I'm just thinking at a drag race it would be hard to get in the box keep one hand on the button and one on the throttle and some looking to see if your ready..lol..

it builds boost in about 2 seconds. All you do is when he points to see if you are ready hit the button and hold it wide open. light flashes and let go! I ran on the sportsman .500 tree and could hit it on the first yellow and it would be into boost when I go on 3 yellow. I usually hit it when 2nd guy was staged. 5psi on a stock apex with mcx.

Back