• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MTX Skis

Voda2000

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer GT 136"
I found a set of MTX skis but they are missing the bolt and spacers. Before I buy them do has anyone made their own spacers or found a cheap source for them?

I'm pretty sure the MTX skis use a longer bolt and the spacers are longer too. Different part number anyways.

The mountian skis bushing and spacers are about an inch longer. I assume for more adjustability. The bushing (if i remember) is about 4 inches long. I had to cut my original ones down when i put simmons (for a normal yamaha) on my vector mountain.

So the bushing is longer too... Didn't know that.

I guess I'll need to buy the bolt and bushing at a minimum. Maybe I can make the spacers.

I am sure you could make the spacers. That shouldn't be hard. The bolt, of course you could source from any hardware store that sells metric stuff. But the bushing could be more tricky. a year ago i would have traded you straight across. lol. oh well.

Or you could PM Upbushman about his spindle upgrade kit, I think it covers most of those parts except the bolt. His kit takes care of the slop where the ski bolts to the spindle.

Don't forget the rubber saddles are wider also for the MTX skis!!

Thanks for the information everyone. I haven't got the skis yet should be here in a day or two. They apparently have the bolts with them and the rubber saddles so I guess it's not too bad if I just have to buy the bushings and spacers.

That said I'm not going to buy them for a few days so if anyone has any they would like to sell let me know.

Voda2000 said:
Thanks for the information everyone. I haven't got the skis yet should be here in a day or two. They apparently have the bolts with them and the rubber saddles so I guess it's not too bad if I just have to buy the bushings and spacers.

That said I'm not going to buy them for a few days so if anyone has any they would like to sell let me know.
If your getting the bolts and rubber you should get the bushings,spacers also, just makes sense. Good deal!!

Got them last night bolts and rubber saddles include but no spacers. I guess I'm off to the deal to find out how much the bushing and spacers are worth.

Nice looking skis. Very interesting design.

One of the original spacers (collars) should work on each side.

Really? Do you happen to know which ones are the same? They all seem to have different part numbers.

Went to my dealer yesterday and ordered two of each of the following parts:

90387-10036-00 Collar
90387-16022-00 Collar
90387-16023-00 Collar

Came to just over $36. Way cheaper than anywhere I could find on the internet.

Back