• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Muffin Works Suspension Cam - color poll

If you were to buy a 5-position suspension cam kit, what color anodizing would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Turtle

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Polaris Switchback 800 Pro S LE
'15 Viper RTX SE w/ MPI turbo - sold
'07 FX Phazer GT
As noted earlier, Muffin Works is proud to announce our new product. A billet 5-position cam for torsion spring suspensions. Positions 4 and 5 are higher preloads than available from the stock cam. See link to our product release post below.

http://ty4stroke.com/threads/muffin...ouncement-billet-cam-spring-tensioner.129258/

Cam will fit all SR Vipers and other torsion spring suspensions for Yamaha models of prior years (see product release post for details).

In order to keep costs down and keep the price of the kit reasonable, we need to have our anodizing done in batches. Since this is intended to be a kit that will cover many different models and color schemes, we would like to stick to either clear or black anodizing. Offering specific colors results in small batch sizes and thus drives up the cost. Which means we will only be able to offer 1 color of anodizing. Therefore, we are going to let TY decide the color. If you were to purchase a kit, what color would you prefer?

Don't forget about our pre-buy going on until September 1st! Thanks.

TTT ... Keep the votes coming!

Just my opinion, everything else is aluminum so it would go with all the rest.

Just my opinion, everything else is aluminum so it would go with all the rest.

Not sure what you mean by everything else is aluminum? Most everything may be aluminum, but most everything has some sort of coloring like powder coating. Very little "natural" finish aluminum in the Viper procross skid.

Not sure what you mean by everything else is aluminum? Most everything may be aluminum, but most everything has some sort of coloring like powder coating. Very little "natural" finish aluminum in the Viper procross skid.

The 2014 standard version of the Viper had a natural finish on the tunnel and the skid. Also, this part has been designed to fit the Viper as well as almost every torsion spring suspension Yamaha made back to the RX-1. There are tons of models within that group that have natural finishes.

Exactly, Yamaha rails are natural aluminum.

TTT .... Keep the votes coming. Remember, this product is not limited to just the SR Viper. It will fit almost any torsion spring suspension Yamaha back to the days of the RX-1. Get your order in now to take advantage of the pre-order pricing!

FWIW I have anodizing being done in Milwaukee on a regular basis. I would sure think a batch could be added to the shipment easy enough. They'd just need to find their way to Marshfield to be coordinated. The shop that does these also does bright colors which is something nobody local does last I checked.

The only sticking point is that the machine shop handles all of the arrangements and provides me a finished part.

Back