• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Multi-function meter/gauge totally dead and the sled won't start

rnoonan

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer FX
Over the summer I regularly take out my old 07 Phazer FX and start it up and run it for a bit. Everything has been working fine and it starts right up until this last time. When I turn the key to the on position, nothing happens (guage is dead). Turning the key further to try to start also does nothing at all.
I figured it must be a dead battery, so I replaced the battery but nothing changed. I then checked the fuses and all fuses were fine. I checked to see if I had 13.6V at the input side of the fuses and there were a few that didn't seem to have voltage on the input, but I didn't know if that was normal or not. The fuses that had no voltage were: the Headlight, Signal, and Auxiliary DC jack. I did try those with the key in the off, on, and start positions.

Does anyone know if those results are expected and any advice on what kind of things I should check? I know electrical problems can be tricky, so I'm hoping someone has some experience and can at least point me in the right direction.
Thanks,
Bob

Please ignore the above. Embarrassed to admit it, but I never checked the kill switch and it turns out it had gotten pushed in by mistake. Really dumb, I know, but I did not expect the kill switch to prevent the gauge from working. I thought it simply prevented the engine from running/starting. So when the gauge didn't come on, I thought it was a much bigger issue.

Hopefully nobody wasted any time thinking about this. Thanks.

lol been there done that. was going to be one of the things i was going to tell you to check.

Back