• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My MP took a dump on the trail

Mooseman

I'm not all knowing. Post your question in forum.
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
'07 Venture MP (gone)
'07 Phazer FX (gone)
'09 Phazer GT (gone)
'10 RS Venture GT (My current ride)
'10 Nytro FX (son's)
Had to do this a couple of times today. I see a summer project coming!
20150227_140137.jpg

Just got home. It was like a slushy kinda crap that fell off fairly easy. One thing that isn't helping me right now is that I removed the plastic piece in the back because of my exhaust. Speaking if which, I have to check my exhaust donuts or the clamps because she is noisy. I had already replaced the donuts with copper ones so I think (and hope) it's the clamps that came loose.

Good to see everyone getting out. I was wondering if anyone had riveted in a piece of aluminum to replace the plastic do-hickey when they did the exhaust extension. I understand it would have to be cut out for the pipe to pass thru. I've also never seen any mention of anyone just moving the muffler further back. I don't think I'll do anything with mine until it is off warranty.

The lake will be pretty bare when I go out tomorrow so no boogers. I'll ride slow between spots and when I drill a hole the shavings get shoveled into the skid. It ain't much but it is enough.

Hey, I see there is nothing new on the flashing green light issue so I'm thinking you have it fixed. Nice work.

I took off the plastic "do-hickey" but I'm going to put a piece back on to cover the gap as I am getting snow build up through there. Hopefully that will work!
IMG-20141111-00128.jpg
P1172279.JPG

Campsledder, that looks nice, I have exhaust envy!

Hey, I see there is nothing new on the flashing green light issue so I'm thinking you have it fixed. Nice work.

Not really :(. I'll be updating the other thread with the additional info.

I had to do the same today only went 40 miles and slush and ice like crazy . Just came back from the heated shop where it looks like mine peed all over the floor.

BTW, welcome to TY Ice Fisher. It's been getting busy here lately. New guys keep showing up.

Welcome Ice_Fisher, I'm thinking a little MP oriented comraderie is right on. I was fishing today. No snow on the lake so no boogers. I ran slow, about 30kph, no overheating and the sweet scent of warm dish soap wafting from the sliders. Hey Pat, I'm thinking calling him Rusty is a good thing.

For the longest time, we had only a couple regulars and not too much action on here and then this year, BOOM! it's a party! The more, the merrier!

:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

For the longest time, we had only a couple regulars and not too much action on here and then this year, BOOM! it's a party! The more, the merrier!

:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:
The most happening place to be is here if not on the trails.

Just for your info. We used to be lumped in with the Phazer section because we shared a lot with them and we were sort of an oddball model. Then a couple years ago, a few of us asked for our own section for the VL and MP and here we are. I went through a lot of the good threads related to us and had them moved here. Because of that, Google is probably now bringing more people looking specifically for a forum on the VL and MP.

Long live the Venture MP and our dearly departed Venture Lite!

Back