• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My Yamcharger install thread

rxrider said:
Belt slippage on take off caused by too little weight at the pin will do the exactly same thing :)

So are you saying I should bring the set screws back twards the pin and away from the time some???

mr.pitstop said:
rxrider said:
Belt slippage on take off caused by too little weight at the pin will do the exactly same thing :)

So are you saying I should bring the set screws back twards the pin and away from the time some???

Yes! ;)!

Got to take the machine out for an hour or so today, riding on the river. From last year it now has the Yamacharger, Dyno-Jet fuel/ignition modules (with Ulmers set up) and Ulmers clutching for the Yamacharger.RPM's right where they should be, snap to 10,400 and then go just under 11,000. Machine seems to pull harder at any speed. Since haven't ridden it since last March, I'm basing this on the fact I don't recall worrying a hell of alot about losing my grip so much from the handlebars when coming from powder onto hardpack. Engine idles, runs smooth. Air intake sounds slightly different. At one point, when almost to the pick-up to load back up, machine picked up a horrible sound, like a grating noise. Turned out one of the Yamaha cable ice scratchers I installed picked up some garbage on the carbide tip... nasty sound.
As for top end, the machine never did have top end, my '03 600HO Rev has more. Best I could get today on hard pack for about 1 km was 173km/hr. Didn't take long to get there, but thats it. Always did feel like theres something holding it back.
But for the Yamacharger itself, I'm pleased with it. Didn't run against any other machines as none were around. Until I had sled on the deck, covered then there were more 1000cc Cats, 800 Doos/Polaris's and other Yamaha's dragging just in front of me than I have ever seen! Maybe next time.

Phatboyc said:
Darn pictures are all gone.

So what happened to this sled?

My thread on HCS is still there in the Apex forum under the stickies...

Many race results posted in that thread and pics and videos!!

Has anyone clutched their Yamcharged Attak GT with Drag n fly's and the HC black spring 140-400? Please share if possible.

Back